Home

Editing DRAFT classes...thoughts?

This is a discussion on Editing DRAFT classes...thoughts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
43M
Banned

OVR: 0
Editing DRAFT classes...thoughts?

Okay, so I just read some of the thread regarding the ability to alter ratings in franchise mode. Thats all well and good, and I actually wanted that for a long time, but there is one thing Id rather be able to do and thats edit draft classes.

The progression/ratings system, although still a bit off, is better in Madden than it was a few years ago. But the draft classes are still terrible. Sure, the game created draft classes are solid for the most part, but there should be an option, either at the beginning of each season or offseason to load a class or use the game create one, and then users should have the ability to edit them anyway they want.

There are alot of things that irk me about franchise mode, but one of the biggest is the inablity to get a remotely realistic draft class. If you use EAs, you are drafting player you dont know. If you used imported ones from NCAA, they end up like crap because EA for some reason cant make that work.

All I want is, around this time of year, be able to load a draft class onto Madden that is fairly representative of what we are going to see in April, and then have the ability to create one for the following year and maybe the year after that. That alone would extend the games life through an offseason until the next Madden came out.

I just wanted to get some thoughts on this. The question may have been asked before, but I didnt see it. Still, I think this improvement could make a huge difference in the game and franchise mode. If they added this, a working IR, the ability to trade future picks and better offseason AI for CPU teams (like other teams making realistic trades with each other and FA signings/drafting logic that makes sense), I would probably bite the bullet and buy Madden 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Editing DRAFT classes...thoughts?

Agree. They should allow users to create and share their own classes like NBA 2k11 does. If they don't have this feature in the new madden I will not buy it. Bad draft classes make franchise mode unplayable and completely unrealistic.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I totally agree.. I'm having a frustrating time right now trying to get an accurate draft class importing the NCAA class.. This would easily solve that problem for me.. Even though I want the ability to edit players ratings in franchise mode this is much more important to me. I really hope this is part of there plan for the upgrade to the franchise mode.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
Banned

I agree on this 1,000,000%. It irks me to no end whenever I see a 5'-10" TE, or lineman. Or an A potential HB with 66 speed, or a 66 speed HB or any kind. Seriously who's idea was it to make a 6'-4" 356 lb 86 speed DT? Or a 5'-10" TE? And that 66 spd A potential HB I was talking about wasn't even drafted in my online franchise, and has been rotting in free agency ever sense.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Agreed. I just drafted an 82OVR A potential QB with 97 throwing power, mid 80s accuracy for mid and deep throws, and 50-something for short accuracy. 50. How is that even possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

I am pretty sure this question was asked by a EA representative in a previous thread.....I think everyone is for it as far as having more total control over franchise in general. The issue they are trying to figure out is how editing players ratings and the incoming draft classes would affect the salary cap for not only player controlled but CPU controlled teams. The PC versions of Madden were fully editable with user tools.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
I just wanted to get some thoughts on this. The question may have been asked before, but I didnt see it. Still, I think this improvement could make a huge difference in the game and franchise mode. If they added this, a working IR, the ability to trade future picks and better offseason AI for CPU teams (like other teams making realistic trades with each other and FA signings/drafting logic that makes sense), I would probably bite the bullet and buy Madden 12.
These are all good points, and I sincerely hope these features make it in the game this year. How can there be so many iterations of the same game that some how miss these features every year? Seems so basic...
Old 03-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
Banned

I can't solve the problem long term, but check out my thread here if you want an accurate draft class for the 2011 draft. You need NCAA 11 to do this (or you can just rent it). Once you import the class into Madden it will include EVERY player that is likely to be drafted in the first 5-6 rounds of the draft, and most of the later round picks as well. Impossible to make every player that is graded a high round pick to come into Madden as a good player, but to me that's just realistic. There are busts in every draft, players that experts say should be good and turn out terrible.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aft-class.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »