Home

Stopping the Pass

This is a discussion on Stopping the Pass within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2003, 02:45 PM   #1
Pro

Fierce2k4's Arena

OVR: 5
Stopping the Pass

Can you guys give me some tips on how to stop the pass. Ive tried a lot of things to stop the pass but nothing seems to work. Any tips??????

btw in my franchise im the chiefs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2003, 04:39 PM   #2
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Stopping the Pass

what exactly are your problems?
Old 08-20-2003, 04:44 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 17

What level are you playing? Are you getting burned deep or are they completing 90% of their passes?
Old 08-20-2003, 04:44 PM   #4
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Lower QB Accuracy.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:35 AM   #5
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Generally speaking, you have to make the right play calls. Try to take note of how the offense is beating you (i.e. short passes, deep passes, passes over the middle, passes to the flats), and adjust your defensive calls, accordingly. Of course, the CPU can still mix it up and burn you on plays. You just have to keep at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2003, 10:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I get burnt over the middle short mainly from blitzing Lb's so I take the responsibilty for that but what I'm really frustrated with is the fact I get absolutely killed on a deep slant where the receiver has the inside position on my DB. I suppose double coverage would do the trick but the CPU has little problems with their DB stepping up and around my receiver to break up the play where as my DB makes no move. This is on pro settings with Smoot and McQuarters as Corners. Any ideas? I recently had Hassleback and the Seahawks throw for 450+ yards against me mainly Koren Robinson and that damn route.

Jackie
Old 08-21-2003, 10:25 AM   #7
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Just go up to the sliders thread, and get a good set of sliders. I had the exact same thing happen to me the first time I played the seahawks. He was perfect 12-12 at halftime, and I shut it off before it was over, but he was still perfect. The sliders do the trick
Old 08-21-2003, 10:45 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

greenegt said:
Generally speaking, you have to make the right play calls. Try to take note of how the offense is beating you (i.e. short passes, deep passes, passes over the middle, passes to the flats), and adjust your defensive calls, accordingly. Of course, the CPU can still mix it up and burn you on plays. You just have to keep at it.

Yea get some good sliders, and also you dont necessarily need double coverage as much as you need 2 safties in zone (cover 2 scheme) Dont call blitzes and have the safties playing man b/c beside the fact that you'll get burned, you wont have an extra guy to break up the pass or to discourage the QB from throwing deep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »