Home

how do you think casual fans will like madden?

This is a discussion on how do you think casual fans will like madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2003, 03:46 PM   #1
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
how do you think casual fans will like madden?

i am wondering how the casual fan will respond. i see two possibilities:
1) they will get frustrated with the learning curve for route based passing and not take the time to mess with the sliders and quit easily, or

2) i am giving them too much credit for the casual fan even trying to have a realistic experience and they will just play owner and find the easiest setting possible.

i have spent a lot of hours tweaking and have a real nice feel to the game now. the last two games have been real fun even in my last second loss. i just dont see the casual fan spending much time to get the most out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2003, 04:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: how do you think casual fans will like madden?

I think they'll like it a lot. A "casual" fan is most likely attracted to the big hits, long bombs, acrobatic interceptions side of football. That is what Madden does best. Its showtime gridiron action. ESPN is much more realistic and might frustrate the casual player.
-Noah
Old 08-20-2003, 04:28 PM   #3
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Ewberdude said:
I think they'll like it a lot. A "casual" fan is most likely attracted to the big hits, long bombs, acrobatic interceptions side of football. That is what Madden does best. Its showtime gridiron action. ESPN is much more realistic and might frustrate the casual player.
-Noah

Have you even played Madden this year?
Old 08-20-2003, 04:49 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

Ewberdude said:
-Noah

And add have you evern played ESPN. Last year's ESPN wasn't all the realistic either. It had it's share of problems. Problems I might add that caused a lot of frustrations.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:54 PM   #5
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

JRod said:
Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

Ewberdude said:
-Noah

And add have you evern played ESPN. Last year's ESPN wasn't all the realistic either. It had it's share of problems. Problems I might add that caused a lot of frustrations.

none of the games are perfect or extremely realistic.

Not one of the games is better than the other.

All preference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2003, 04:55 PM   #6
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Why can't this just be about Madden? Let's leave 2k3 out of this.

Back to the casual fan. That's a good question. First, I don't think the "casual" fan really cares about owner's mode. WE do and I wouldn't call us casual. Secondly, Madden is the industry standard football game. Most "casual" fans have played Madden to death. The learning curve isn't the route-based passing, but the fact that the DBs have "improved". Throwing the picks just may piss many people off. Outside of those changes, they'll love the game as much as they've always loved it.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
[Have you even played Madden this year?

Yes thank you very much. I've played both and I enjoy Madden quite a bit. Its a darned opinion. I think i give up on forums...

-Noah
Old 08-20-2003, 05:01 PM   #8
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

I ask b/c its not a long bomb type year in madden. If your WRs can run a 10 yd route without you getting sacked, you are doing good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »