Home

Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 03-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Custom Playbooks

I'm actually worried about custom playbooks being used in online ranked matches and in online franchises.

I get the fact that everyone wants to set up their own playbook, but, in madden it wouldn't be very much fun or "sim" to try and defend the same couple of money plays all game.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I would rank custom playbooks above just about any new feature that may appear in Madden 12. It's an essential addition.
I would only agree if the feature includes the ability to create, meaning draw up, our own plays. Either way, the ability to formulate your own play-book , even if it's just selecting plays from different teams, is a great feature.

That being said, it means absolutely nothing if the game-play on the field is lacking.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
I'm actually worried about custom playbooks being used in online ranked matches and in online franchises.

I get the fact that everyone wants to set up their own playbook, but, in madden it wouldn't be very much fun or "sim" to try and defend the same couple of money plays all game.

This goes on now with the "simpler, deeper, quicker" playbooks. The game is only as SIM as the people playing. I am strictly online, BUT I have not played one ranked match because I already know what to expect. Most leagues banned the same PB's being used/you had to use your teams PB but to me that's BS. No two users will use the same playbook/plays the exact same way, hell as thin as the PB's were you couldn't help but repeat plays throughout the course of games.

Though with that being said I have reserved my gaming time to our OLF (as I will next year), and to my friends list.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
This goes on now with the "simpler, deeper, quicker" playbooks. The game is only as SIM as the people playing. I am strictly online, BUT I have not played one ranked match because I already know what to expect. Most leagues banned the same PB's being used/you had to use your teams PB but to me that's BS. No two users will use the same playbook/plays the exact same way, hell as thin as the PB's were you couldn't help but repeat plays throughout the course of games.

Though with that being said I have reserved my gaming time to our OLF (as I will next year), and to my friends list.
Well said. I agree, real life playbooks and gameplans are pages and pages thick. Madden only really has a handful of plays and formations in the game. And the plays they do have are pretty much just cycled over and over again in different formations.

But yeah I totally agree, the game is only as sim as the people playing it. Like you I limit myself to my core group of guys that I play with in my leagues because I know they are sim unlike the ranked random matches.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

There's an indicator in the teaser that suggests this is the year for Custom Playbooks...

As you watch the teaser, look in the top hook of the 2. There's a blue section with "Custom Playbook" and the Jet Sweep is checked.

Looks like GOOD NEWS for folks like me that were previously stuck with a pre-configured playbook with 200 plays we'd never touch.

YAY

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »