Home

Sideline Catches for DB's

This is a discussion on Sideline Catches for DB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Sideline Catches for DB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
I disagree, I've had guys make interceptions defending fly routes...make the int over the shoulder, close enough to the sideline they end up stepping out/being tackled out. ditto for hitting the strafe and facing up and making the grab. now a TRUE side line catch with him dragging both feet to stay in? nope, cant say i've seen that but I rarely see recievers do that either.
I've seen my DB's drop around 200 balls near the sideline, and they are yet to make one catch, even while usering.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
I've seen my DB's drop around 200 balls near the sideline, and they are yet to make one catch, even while usering.
I agree. I've never seen it either and I'm a beast at USER Ints..
Old 03-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

dont know what to tell you guys. I've had guys drop tons of what should have been ints too, but I've definitely seen them make INTs close to the sideline. one season I had a db with 50 + passes defended according to the season stats screen and only 3 interceptions.

over the shoulder, db gets in front of the reciever and extends arms makes catch, frequently ending up running right outta bounds. that seems to only happen on the right side (starting db), on the left side I've made face up, turn around jump ball catches within a couple of feet of the sideline and I remember one that cemented a win for me was in the corner of the endzone. the reciever was behind my guy in that instance too. caught, came down and then was tackled (slammed?) backwards and out of bounds but it was an int. like i said, these are ints near the sideline, they do not trigger any kind of sideline catch type animation if that is what you are talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

I made an INT yesterday in my online franchise with Takoby Jean-Louis about 5-6 feet in bounds in the corner of the endzone then he was tackled out of bounds. However, I still think there is a cutoff. A certain distance from the sideline they can catch the ball, but if the catch annimation is triggered close enough to the sideline say 3-4 feet, they WILL not catch it. They don't even have sideline catch annimations, like the WR's have. Defensive players should have the same annimations, and catch abilities as WR's have. That is all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »