Home

Sideline Catches for DB's

This is a discussion on Sideline Catches for DB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Sideline Catches for DB's

Every time when one of my DB's has a chance to make a catch a long the sidelines he drops it. There are no sideline annimations for DB's in this game for whatever reason. The no-catch zone for DB's seems to stretch about 5 feet out from the sideline. I have gotten to the point rather I'm online or offline where I will throw it into double and tripple coverage towards the sideline, knowing I have nothing to lose by doing so. I certainly hope that Madden has added sideline annimations and catches for DB's in Madden 12. I'm not bashing the game by any means, as I love Madden and have played it since the 90's, but this is just something that irks me.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Sideline Catches for DB's

The dbs make spectacular catches but you're right they don't make them out of bounds. Also to add to this post they need to add drop ball animations. Instead of doing the catch animation with an invisible ball in their hand.not a big thing but could add a bit of realism to the game.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
The dbs make spectacular catches but you're right they don't make them out of bounds. Also to add to this post they need to add drop ball animations. Instead of doing the catch animation with an invisible ball in their hand.not a big thing but could add a bit of realism to the game.
It's not just catching the ball out of bounds, they don't make catches anywhere near the sideline.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
Every time when one of my DB's has a chance to make a catch a long the sidelines he drops it. There are no sideline annimations for DB's in this game for whatever reason. The no-catch zone for DB's seems to stretch about 5 feet out from the sideline. I have gotten to the point rather I'm online or offline where I will throw it into double and tripple coverage towards the sideline, knowing I have nothing to lose by doing so. I certainly hope that Madden has added sideline annimations and catches for DB's in Madden 12. I'm not bashing the game by any means, as I love Madden and have played it since the 90's, but this is just something that irks me.

Thoughts?
Me and my friends were just talking about this the other. This animation definitely needs to be added. Great post..
Old 03-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Out routes near the sideline get picked easily. Are you talking about anything outside the hashmarks or are you talking 2 to 3 feet from sideline?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Out routes near the sideline get picked easily. Are you talking about anything outside the hashmarks or are you talking 2 to 3 feet from sideline?
2-3 feet from the sideline. Even if you user the DB he will not catch the ball.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
2-3 feet from the sideline. Even if you user the DB he will not catch the ball.
I think I know what you mean. You never see a DB catch one over the shoulder or catch one with two feet next to sidelines (see Polamalu's INT from this season at Atlanta). It's hard to describe but it's almost as if there is no rotation involved. It's just forward and backward. So, there is no leaping for catches or anything like that, just jumping. Might be due to ball trajectory, not sure.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I disagree, I've had guys make interceptions defending fly routes...make the int over the shoulder, close enough to the sideline they end up stepping out/being tackled out. ditto for hitting the strafe and facing up and making the grab. now a TRUE side line catch with him dragging both feet to stay in? nope, cant say i've seen that but I rarely see recievers do that either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »