Home

Complete Interception Overahaul required

This is a discussion on Complete Interception Overahaul required within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Complete Interception Overahaul required

Sorry i wasnt specific guys,
i meant that strange route when the WR goes inside like a slant and then turn up and out towards the sideline.

The only i slimply do not get how to make it work, i would think a lob but the spacing is much too tight and slow to make it work?

I agree Safeties are not instictive they dont jump routes etc...

Another fix relates to defense "knowing" where the ball is going for example if a safety is covering someone on the left side, the second the ball is released he will let up and run for the spot where the ball will land without ever seeing where the ball is.

If someone isnt covered that should mean TD like in real -life on deep bombs
Old 03-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #10
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
It would be nice to overhaul hitting after the catch as well, big hits are completely lost on this game. More ints after tips would be cool too.
Anybody catching the ball after a tip would be nice. Receivers and db's always do tip drills and that has never been displayed in madden. I understand it's difficult to replicate without making it way to frequent or rarely seen at all but still when my corner has the ball tip off his hands 5 times he should catch the damn thing.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:28 AM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well in my opinion I feel that the AI still has eyes in the back of their heads and will INT the ball instantly alot of the times. I also feel the reason the AI INT the ball way to much is because the AI mirror images the WR routes and knows where the ball is going automatically. They did redo the defense for madden 12 and worked on the AI some. I'm hoping they will improve on the way the AI covers the WR and doesn't move the spot you are throwing the ball to before you throw it. The Coverage and the AI does need to be worked on I agree and the INT needs to be toned down just a little more. But hopefully since they have reworked the D this year it will be a little better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 05:52 AM   #12
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
Anybody catching the ball after a tip would be nice. Receivers and db's always do tip drills and that has never been displayed in madden. I understand it's difficult to replicate without making it way to frequent or rarely seen at all but still when my corner has the ball tip off his hands 5 times he should catch the damn thing.
If you have a high awareness and catching WR he will catch tip passes. Brandon Marshall, who I have in a online franchise, makes these kinds of catches alot. So does Vincent Jackson, you just have to manually attempt the 2nd-chance catches.

I've also witness corners doing it but it's much rarer.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 23

Thats the main issue I feel in Madden football. The fact that DB's break on the route before the WR does. I would understand if it was only the elite CB's with great awarness, but, It happens even with most of the average CB's.

One example I can think of is the Out / In routes in Madden. As a good QB, you want to throw these balls, just before the WR breaks. However, it seems like 90% of the time the DB will jump these routes. This AI Flaw leads to many people running drags / slants / fly routes most of the time and it really limits the plays an offense can even run. The only WR that I have success with are the WR that have 99 route running (ie - Reggie Wayne) and that is mainly vs Zone defense. If its man to man defense, forget it, I don't even try to throw out / in / timing routes.

I don't know where the real problem lies however. I think some of it is due to the CB being "pshycic" and the other problem is the passing mechanics of the game. The game doesn't really allow you to "properly" lead a WR based on his route. Meaning, throwing the ball "to a spot" (ie- on out routes). If they could adjust the CB super human awareness and give us a proper passing engine, I think this game would be 1,000 times better and more realistic in a passing sense.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #14
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Thats the main issue I feel in Madden football. The fact that DB's break on the route before the WR does. I would understand if it was only the elite CB's with great awarness, but, It happens even with most of the average CB's.

One example I can think of is the Out / In routes in Madden. As a good QB, you want to throw these balls, just before the WR breaks. However, it seems like 90% of the time the DB will jump these routes. This AI Flaw leads to many people running drags / slants / fly routes most of the time and it really limits the plays an offense can even run. The only WR that I have success with are the WR that have 99 route running (ie - Reggie Wayne) and that is mainly vs Zone defense. If its man to man defense, forget it, I don't even try to throw out / in / timing routes.

I don't know where the real problem lies however. I think some of it is due to the CB being "pshycic" and the other problem is the passing mechanics of the game. The game doesn't really allow you to "properly" lead a WR based on his route. Meaning, throwing the ball "to a spot" (ie- on out routes). If they could adjust the CB super human awareness and give us a proper passing engine, I think this game would be 1,000 times better and more realistic in a passing sense.
This does not happen on All-Pro which is claimed to be the realistic setting but due to the fact you are playing from a God point of view the game is too easy. The 'Flaw' balances out the game on All-Madden difficulties to give people a challenge. Also you can lead passes to receivers, precision passing is still in the game.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 34

I think the deep zone logic is fine.

Its the the underneath coverage, and the defenders inability to close on the ball before it is caught, which is a total nightmare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 23

"Also you can lead passes to receivers, precision passing is still in the game."

lol, yes I am aware that "precision passing" is still in the game.

HOWEVER, the passing mechanics in general are no where near realistic. Most of the time you have to wait until AFTER your WR makes his cut, THEN lead pass. Rather than being able to throw the ball, BEFORE he cuts.

If you have played All Pro Football 2k8 you will no what I'm talking about when I talk about "true" Route based passing mechanics.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, go into practice mode, and try to throw an out route vs Man coverage. Try to throw the ball BEFORE your WR makes his OUT CUT... I am willing to bett, 9/10 times the DB will be right there in your hip pocket or, running the route for you.

In all pro 2k8, you can throw the out route, AS YOUR WR IS ABOUT TO make his cut, not after. This creates seperation between the WR and CB and allows you to complete these types of passes.

If Madden brought over the APF 2k8 Passing system, I would be a happy camper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »