Home

Complete Interception Overahaul required

This is a discussion on Complete Interception Overahaul required within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Complete Interception Overahaul required

Hey guys

looking forward to M12 with you all.
Im still playing franchise non-stop and game after game im realising that Interceptions in 11 arent working.

(I will keep this short and sweet and link a HD real life Vid)

1. Safeties do not cover deep even remotely close to real life. They do not ball-hawk like in real life although they do go for the big hit when they can

2. The intereptions occur much too much away from the receiver, Mainly! a CB turning around and catching it over his shoulder which looks bad.

-----------

Look at these NFL clips for reference

and Madden interceptions need to reflect Cbs that jump routes and Safeties jumping in front of the WR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JVcR...eature=related

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Complete Interception Overahaul required

I dont like to complain about how unreal something is, so for karma sake! let me add some positives in M11 (their is alot of mega good ones)

Wr Routes work! (all except the semi-circle to the outside never figured that one)

O-Line play, Great.

sideline catches do work on occasion (50/50 id say)
Old 03-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
I dont like to complain about how unreal something
Wr Routes work! (all except the semi-circle to the outside never figured that one)
Which is the semi circle one? as in the one RB's do? The only one I can never get to work (and I absolutely mean never. as in even in offence only practice mode I can't complete it!) is the deep comeback. Tips appreciated!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

I agree but i think its because Safties only play there zones, they dont have instinctiveness like real life safeties do. You hardly ever see a madden safety juming a slant route cause there zones dont allow them to do so.

The big name safeties like Ed Reed and Troy P. make plays on the ball all over the field because there instinctive. It would also be nice to beat say a Ravens cb deep because Ed Reed was jumping a short route on occasion.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
Rookie

It would be nice to overhaul hitting after the catch as well, big hits are completely lost on this game. More ints after tips would be cool too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
Which is the semi circle one? as in the one RB's do? The only one I can never get to work (and I absolutely mean never. as in even in offence only practice mode I can't complete it!) is the deep comeback. Tips appreciated!
Yeah the Comeback route is useless in this game. The animation was re-done because of the new locomotion and it just doesn't work.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
i think he means the C route, which only works vs certain coverages with a good precision QB and high route running receiver. it shreds a cover 3 and when smart routed can be effective vs man.

i'll agree safety play in say a cover 3 for instance usually always leaves a 1 on 1 streak, sometimes shading your coverage will help though. zone coverage as definitely something that needs addressed next year. seemed pretty solid in 10, don't know what happened in 11 though.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
You have to throw it just before the WR makes his break.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »