Home

Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be Shown

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be Shown within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #49
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat
smh.... some of ya too gullible. "New Features"? Am i the only one that notice, when Sony come out with The Show or when 2K comes out with NBA2K that the first thing they discuss is GAMEPLAY enhancements,
Quote:
The Show and 2K is undoubtedly the best 2 sports games in the history of gaming, but EVERY time they come out, they work hard on improving the gameplay and use it as their marketing.
The Show's big push this year was analog controls, which is a gameplay addition, yes. NBA2K's marketing focus this year was Michael Jordan, which isn't a gameplay enhancement. MLB2K's big push is (again) the Perfect Game contest, which is also not a gameplay element.

It's fair to point out that Madden markets features more than enhancements to gameplay; but to vilify them (and only them) for it isn't fair.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #50
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be S

my guess is something appearance related, and I am willing to bet they are using the same HDR lighting that the NCAA team just dropped.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #51
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3

Im sorry guys, but count me out as being excited. They have time for redemption, but I expect more of the same this year. Im sorry but this dev team has sucked the excitement out of me with their incomplete modes and statements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

If they keep the "Features" as off the field features, then yes I'd be excited.

The problem is, EA are obssessed with over simplifying things, to the point they have to be given a cool, catchy name.

Pro Tak, is just tackling in football. That's all. I don't want to know what type of tackles are going to be displayed - do you truly care? Let's be surprised for once.

Locomotion...seriously? Running realistically. or like a "human being". The variation of running animations should not be a feature on its own, it should be the core.

I could go on, but as I said, if this is nothing but on the field features - then I'll say "whatever" because it frustrates me that EA can't just say

"Madden 2012. Football."

featuring:

- real teams, players, specific characteristics
- team celebrations - no more individual no emotion like celebrations
- tv broadcast - replays, analysis, challenges, cut scenes, interactive COMMENTARY
- Franchise mode - become a gm/owner, relocate, want Roger Goddell's job? Do it.
- Superstar Mode - revamped, interactive, drama filled, adjustments to life as a rookie to life as a veteran.

Any on the field stuff listed at all? Nope - and I just filled out 5 catchy slots that could be as features.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #53
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

What you cite as 'should be the core game, not a feature' are actually complex systems that take a lot of resources to create/maintain/perfect, which is why they are promoted the way they are.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:57 AM   #54
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I think NCAA has trumped Madden this year and they will continue to stay ahead of the Madden team.
So true this gen. I don't have any confidence in Ian or his crew.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
Im sorry guys, but count me out as being excited. They have time for redemption, but I expect more of the same this year. Im sorry but this dev team has sucked the excitement out of me with their incomplete modes and statements.
Count me out also. Honestly, I don't see how anybody could get excited about anything that Tiburon puts out. Even if they do reveal some seemingly innovative features, given their track record, you still can't help but to be skeptical; historically, regarding this franchise, this gen, the majority of attempts at innovation have blown up in Tiburon's faces.

Their biggest innovation was Pro-Tak, and look how that turned out. It looks like a group hug, and even then it doesn't initiate half the time which leads to "bowling pin" tackling.

During the development of Madden 10, Ian and company stated that the stretched ratings were going to make elite players stand out like never before; in reality, ratings other than speed are irrelevant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat
smh.... some of ya too gullible. "New Features"? Am i the only one that notice, when Sony come out with The Show or when 2K comes out with NBA2K that the first thing they discuss is GAMEPLAY enhancements, but every time EA comes out, they discuss features and visual enhancements? The Show and 2K is undoubtedly the best 2 sports games in the history of gaming, but EVERY time they come out, they work hard on improving the gameplay and use it as their marketing. We have come to expect so much, that we know the visuals will be good and when they release "features" its just like icing on the cake. EA give us a bowl a icing with a little debbie cupcake and everybody get excited. Dont show me no features, show me some ON THE FIELD GAMEPLAY!!!!
You know that is true about EA always wanting to show features first every year, while 2K and Sony are not like that. After all this time I never even thought about that. I just can't hop on the Madden hype train that seems to be turning on the engine next week, I just don't want to get myself dissapointed again this year. Until I actually play Madden12 I can't get myself hyped over the blogs videos and FEATURES. The gameplay improvements and presentation that I physically see while playing will be the things I will allow me to get hyped about the game. Once again this year lets just hope for the best fellas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »