Home

Ratings Question..

This is a discussion on Ratings Question.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Ratings Question..

You know, Ive been thinking of just going in and changing the regular teams that come with the game to my old time teams I like,"85 Bears 75 Steelers 07 Pats and so on.. And rating the players as I see fit. But I guess it doesnt matter how I change the players, I mean I could max out the 85 Bears Defense and still it doesnt matter.. Why? because of the playbooks.. In my mind I want a Defense playbook that brings Pressure LOTS of Pressure like the 00 Ravens or 85 Bears would bring,, But We cant change the playbooks, we have to use the ones in the game!!
Right now on my Laptop I have Madden 06 running and with that PC game You can make changes to playbooks You can make the game as close to real as You want.. Thats whats Great about a PC game..
I Truly LOVE the the Grafics of Madden 10 and I could have the 85 Bears vs the 66 Packers,,but so what? Player Ratings are fine but in the end its about the Playbooks...
Sure I could use the controlers but I am a CPu vs CPU guy..

Last edited by SportsGuy53; 03-20-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #10
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
I don't think this is right. I do believe the CPU uses this rating only.
Play a game on all-madden with Michael Turner, then play the same game with Snelling. You'll notice that there are signifigantly more holes to run through with Turner.

Also you can try to same thing with lower rated HB if you think iy is just the overall. Woodhead will have more and larger holes to run through than higher overall rated HBs who have lower BCV.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuma
Play a game on all-madden with Michael Turner, then play the same game with Snelling. You'll notice that there are signifigantly more holes to run through with Turner.

Also you can try to same thing with lower rated HB if you think iy is just the overall. Woodhead will have more and larger holes to run through than higher overall rated HBs who have lower BCV.
I'm pretty sure the vision rating only applies to the CPU ball carriers

The Human player has control over his ball carriers vision after taking control of that player on any given play.....

I think what your seeing is the Offensive line ratings taking place as opposed to the actual vision of the human controlled player taking effect....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 03-23-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »