Home

Madden 12: We're All Involved

This is a discussion on Madden 12: We're All Involved within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 12: We're All Involved

"
JasonRomanoJason Romanoby wingoz

Don't forget that big @EAMaddenNFL news is coming out tomorrow on ESPN shows. Really awesome stuff"
"
ESPN_JRobJon Robinson

@EASPORTS @EAMaddenNFL Working on my Madden NFL 12 article for tomorrow. Check @espn Monday for the latest."

SO the info will most likely come out tomorrow. Since it is on ESPN, it will most likely announcement of Cover Voting. I am hoping the Teaser Vid comes out Tommorow too

Last edited by illwill10; 03-20-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

There's alot of custom fan made covers nowadays so it doesn't bother me who EA puts on.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #27
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

OVR: 2

It would be kind of discouraging if EA actually thought that anyone gave more than a cursory care to cover voting. It has nothing to do with the game. I wouldn't care if Marc Bulger was on the cover; I'm concerned with improvements to the franchise mode, gameplay, graphics, presentation, etc.

I'd like to think that EA would be more intelligent than that, although they do seem to be aiming more towards the casual gamer as of late. They'll still get my money for the 12th consecutive year, but it's like being the beaten person in an abusive relationship. Metaphorically speaking, of course.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #28
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
There is no deal between the NFL and the players. So one of us, or possibly a scenic view of somewhere will be on the cover. I say after all these years, why not John Madden himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
is that true? they cant sign a player due to the lockout, correct?
Not true. EA Sports still has exclusive licenses with the NFL and NFLPA. The NFLPA gave up its ability to represent NFL players in collective bargaining negotiations with the NFL owners, but still exists and can represent the players in other facets. As such EA can still use NFL team names / logos / stadiums, as well as any football-playing member of the NFLPA.

Any draft choices automatically become part of the NFLPA, so rookies will be included as well.

In other words, Madden NFL 12, from a player and team likeness standpoint, will be business as usual.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #29
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

The cover athlete might not be a big deal to must of us, but for EA it's huge. That's their spokesperson for the year, and I'm sure EA puts a lot of importance on who sells their game. I think that will be one of the things, but I have a feeling that franchise mode will be teased as well as some gameplay footage. They'll give us enough to keep us buzzing until the next tidbit of info, at least I hope so...
Old 03-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #30
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Any draft choices automatically become part of the NFLPA, so rookies will be included as well.
You're almost right. This line isn't quite though.

A draft pick does not have to sign with an NFL team for us to use them, only with PLAYERS INC., the licensing arm of the Player's Association. Essentially, the rookie must give permission to the Player's Association (which only decertificated as a collective bargaining entity, it did not dissolve) to sell licenses for his likeness to be used. Once that's done, we can use him. This permission is usually granted before the draft.

Players can elect not to join the Player's Association (as LaVar Arrington did for several years), but few do. Membership is not compulsory.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 03-21-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #31
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You're almost right. This line isn't quite though.

A draft pick does not have to sign with an NFL team for us to use them, only with PLAYERS INC., the licensing arm of the Player's Association. Essentially, the rookie must give permission to the Player's Association (which only decertificated as a collective bargaining entity, it did not dissolve) to sell licenses for his likeness to be used. Once that's done, we can use him. This permission is usually granted before the draft.

Players can elect not to join the Player's Association (as LaVar Arrington did for several years), but few do. Membership is not compulsory.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification; I forgot about the whole Lavar Arrington deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #32
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I just hope the news is not about the cover...I really could careless about the cover.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »