Home

*POSSIBLE* fix to xbox Dirty Disc Error situation

This is a discussion on *POSSIBLE* fix to xbox Dirty Disc Error situation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2003, 02:27 PM   #1
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11
*POSSIBLE* fix to xbox Dirty Disc Error situation

i called xbox, and i contacted ea and they both said the other one was the problem (i.e. the game and the system) so i called xbox one last time and the woman on the phone was pretty helpful.. now i have to ask, to the people getting the dde reading.. do u have a roster save? like for any reason (trades, name changes, etc..) if so then im pretty sure this is the problem.. ive had 4 diff copies of the game, and a continuous(sp?) dde reading occured during every 3rd quarter of a game. so i looked at my file saves and the only one i had from the orig copy of madden was the roster save. so i deleted it from my hard drive. and since then i havent had a single problem with the dde reading (knock on wood) ... now if u want the roster save i suggest saving it on a memory card and only inserting the card when u will start a new franchise, give it a try bcuz i feel without takin the xbox apart n messin wit lasers or sending it to xbox n payin 100$ this is the next best bet.. its helped me so far, lemme know if it helps u guys out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2003, 03:21 PM   #2
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: *POSSIBLE* fix to xbox Dirty Disc Error situation

this was also part of the problem I had with Inside Drive 2003.

This might be a solution.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I deleted every single game save from my Xbox except KOTOR and still had the DDE. I ended up buying a new Xbox.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:21 PM   #4
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

notydredz said:
I deleted every single game save from my Xbox except KOTOR and still had the DDE. I ended up buying a new Xbox.

Ditto, did the same thing (last week), problem still persisted. So I went out and got a PS2, to play Madden online (and for Grand Theft Auto, etc).

Bottom line is, EA put out a half-assed effort for Xbox gamers (no online play or even measely roster downloads...crappy, gray grass textures...NCAA roster incompatibility, etc).
Old 08-21-2003, 07:03 PM   #5
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I just returned my Xbox that I've had for 9 months to EB yesterday - I got the 1 year extra warranty for $20 and it was no hassle whatsover, no DDEs anymore, btw I had to pay $20 to get another warranty as the one you have expires when you turn your old system in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2003, 07:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

I got a free repair. And haven't had a DDE on any of my games ever since. Did have to go through the Better Business Bureau but that was easy.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I called MSoft last night and I am geting my Xbox repaired for free. Do they give you a new DVD drive when they fix it? I have an old crappy Thomson DVD drive and I am getting dirty disc errors all over the place.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Havent recieved my new Xbox yet, but I did erase the Action replay roster file save from my HD and havent had any freezes since. (Knock on wood) Hopefully this helps other people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »