Home

Sacking the QB

This is a discussion on Sacking the QB within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 03-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Sacking the QB

I tend to agree with the idea of good coverage. I hardly ever send more than 4 players and have a lot of players in coverage. I will use spin moves with my DE from the Offenses Right side and usually get pressure. Also, I try to dive at the QB if I am close
Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Sacking the QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauceme
Someone in my Online Franchise runs the 4-6 speed sub package and blitzes with man coverage. Its almost immediate pressure with one of the guys on the outside (usually a SS or FS). He plays with the Raiders so he gets crazy amounts of sacks with Tyvon Branch. Its almost nano fast, but with no adjustments
This is what makes online play funny. Cover zero 6 man blitzes that get a free rusher up the A or B gap already frustrates people. Then, when it happens more than once, they think you are using some nano.

If you call a 6 man blitz, in the 3-4 at least, make sure you crash the D-line left or right. Just having the NT attack at an angle will try to throw the center out of the way and get a LB up the gut. Also, if the NT sheds the block quickly, he is often taken up by the Guard. Taking up two blocks with one player is a win for the defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »