Home

One Simple Change - Coin Flip vs CPU

This is a discussion on One Simple Change - Coin Flip vs CPU within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
One Simple Change - Coin Flip vs CPU

I hope in 12, when you play the computer they sometimes elect to kick off instead of always receive. And also add the defer option...so Iguess it is actually two changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: One Simple Change - Coin Flip vs CPU

That's a good idea if the CPU has a strong defense. The Packers did that a few times because McCarthy believed in the defense a lot.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

The defer option is already in the game, it means to kickoff. "Defer to the second half"

I would like to see that happen. Playing in an Online Dynasty almost every player picks kickoff if they win the toss so currently it's like the CPU wins the toss but picks the less desired option. The CPU does sometimes choose kickoff in NCAA.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'll never choose to kick off myself though I see the benefits in it, but often times if I win the toss I'll either choose to receive or begin playing against the wind (depending on the speed and direction of it). That way, if in the fourth quarter I need that game-winning FG or what have you, I have more confidence in my kicker making a field goal if the wind is in my favor.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

This is a good idea.. Would love to see the CPU defer sometimes..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
This is a good idea.. Would love to see the CPU defer sometimes..
I agree. I want to feel like the CPU is a living, breathing opponent that makes it's own decisions, whether they are questionable or not.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Madden actually had this wrong for years. The option to defer just became available a few years ago in the NFL. Prior to that, winning the coin toss simply meant you earned the right to choose in the 1st half while the other team got the second half option.

Since you couldn't defer, the team who won the coin toss had to receive in the first half or else they would end up having to kick off both halves.

Last edited by Palo20; 03-27-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec
The defer option is already in the game, it means to kickoff. "Defer to the second half"

I would like to see that happen. Playing in an Online Dynasty almost every player picks kickoff if they win the toss so currently it's like the CPU wins the toss but picks the less desired option. The CPU does sometimes choose kickoff in NCAA.
Defer actually means you get to choose to kick off or receive the ball in the second half. In reality you could actually kick off in both halves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »