Home

Anyone have a weird feeling Madden will be really good this year?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a weird feeling Madden will be really good this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Anyone have a weird feeling Madden will be really good this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Right, but that wasn't a slight at you champ. I'm not certain how you feel about all aspects of the game, but I know one thing you're a stickler on is the PS2 pre-play options. If they were to bring those back, I can't say that you would completely be a happy camper, but maybe it's enough for you at least alter your opinion a bit.

I'm certain I've heard it talked about in one of the podcasts. Not at great length, but they acknowledged that they were aware of it and would try to address it.
I don't know. They tried to address is with pro-tak during the Madden 10 cycle and only made things worse imo. Kinda like adding Gus Johnson and stadium chants in Madden 11 to address the poor sound quality. These were major features for the past 2 games and the implementation was terrible. I also feel that comment was just to appease a few disgruntled fans, I really don't feel the devs were that serious at this point.

As far a bringing back ps2 controls, that is my biggest complaint by far, but overall presentation, sound/commentary, paper thin game modes, and just a lack of real "fun factor" have to be addressed as well before I start to really alter my opinion in any way. Surprise onsides kicks isn't gonna get it done.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #18
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I think that Madden 10 was a huge step up from M09 and that M11 was better than M10. However, I played M10 much longer than I did M11 because 11's franchise was just so stale. Since it was the same as the previous iteration. With that said, I fully expect M12 to be another step in the right direction especially, if this really is "the year of the franchise".

Like I've said before, give me offline franchise upgrades out the wazoo (working IR, player morale, etc) along with more in depth scouting, some hubbub surrounding the draft, better presentation/commentary and I'll be a happy camper.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 03-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #19
Rookie

VuuDuu13's Arena

OVR: 0

I get the feeling a lot of people will be taking the year off from Madden & playing NCAA.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #20
Banned

I have not seen a single thing to suggest it'll be "really good" this year.

But, to be fair, I've not seen anything but that little teaser video which showed pretty much nothing.

So, who knows?

Last edited by Zombiecakes; 03-29-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #21
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Back to the OP.

God I hope so. I really really hope so.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Look at the stides of NBA Elite?? Physics broke that game to the point it didn't release. I don't see them adding physics because Madden 11 sold 5.5 million without it and there is no need for the devs to get creative and risking breaking Madden.

Backbreaker sold 200,000 copies, it's not competition and the Madden devs have openly mocked the youtube crowd as nothing but attention seeking nitpickers. I do not believe they take their suggestions seriously, if they even look at them at all.

I get the feeling offline franchise gamers will see a return of many of the features PS2 Madden has had in the past and thats about. Online franchise guys will find that mode bare and untouched and be unable to use sliders vs their cpu games like their offline counterparts. Play now guys will find the same game with surprise onside kicks and maybe 1-2 other minor features.

So to answer your question, I think if your an offline gamer or enjoy madden 11 then yes, otherwise no.
I agree with everything but part in bold. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Ian admit to watching everyone of Apex's videos a while back ? I think they take them seriously, it's just that they either lack the resources or the talent to pull them off. A lot of the things we've been asking for, like consecutive-hit tackling, have been in previous versions of Madden.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Agreed... Thinking of Backbreaker as being Madden competition is like saying a 5th grader can truck Ray Lewis. There's NO COMPETITON for Madden even when there are other football games.

Think of it this way... How many people are still playing Backbreaker?

It's simple. Backbreaker is a football game. Madden is a phenomenon.

I feel that the YouTube crowd with the mission to point out all the idiosyncrasies would have better spent that time learning how to play the game. It takes just as much time and effort to point out flaws as it does to account for them - maybe even moreso. I personally find their fruitless efforts to be disappointing display of the worst parts of human nature.

I guess it's easier to whine than work.

Later
Quote:
Madden is a phenomenon.
Yeah, the fact that even games made by EA, years ago, have things that M11 doesn't is a phenomenon that doesn't happen with other games. Other games tend to improve within a period of six years.

The "youtube" crowd feels that simulation football has been taken away from the public, and with no alternative, they criticize Madden in attempt to make it better; they also lash out due to six years worth of frustration. If there was another NFL alternative, would there be people bashing Madden on YT ? No, there wouldn't because those people would just play the alternative.

I wish I was like you. I've tried to be every year for the last six years; I wish could just ignore all the glaring issues that Madden has but refuses to correct, but I can't. I can't just ignore all the flaws and concentrate on all of the logos and shiny helmets. I actually want to play a quality simulation of football, and currently none exists on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Do you say these things just to piss people off? LOL, I initially thought it was quite refreshing to have someone on OS who was very vocal about how satisfied they were with Madden.

At the same time, you can't go putting people down just b/c their opinion differs. NO COMPETITION? Madden is a phenomenon? Easier to whine than work? C'mon bro -- enough already.
Yeah, it seems like optimistic trolling to me. There are many people dissatisfied with Madden, and many of his posts makes it look as if he's trying to piss those people off.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 03-29-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #24
Rookie

DarkOmnios's Arena

Quote:
Agreed... Thinking of Backbreaker as being Madden competition is like saying a 5th grader can truck Ray Lewis. There's NO COMPETITON for Madden even when there are other football games.

Think of it this way... How many people are still playing Backbreaker?

It's simple. Backbreaker is a football game. Madden is a phenomenon.

I feel that the YouTube crowd with the mission to point out all the idiosyncrasies would have better spent that time learning how to play the game. It takes just as much time and effort to point out flaws as it does to account for them - maybe even moreso. I personally find their fruitless efforts to be disappointing display of the worst parts of human nature.

I guess it's easier to whine than work.

Later

You realize that the problem isnt that, is because of invisible walls making the players stop even they are doing the runing animation, bugs, cpu players knowing the routes of the players (making them to have the advantage) and others problems that made people to expresse themselves, right??

I guess its easier to suck it up than make video to help Madden evolve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »