Home

Old 04-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
DT or CB

If you primarily play with LBs or Safeties, what would you think is more important, drafting a highly rated CB, or a highly rated DT?

I'm thinking a CB because he can help in coverage where I lack personal coverage skills. And my run stop ability is good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: DT or CB

What if you throw a highly rated WR in the mix? Which one gives you more bang for your buck?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

CB, and it's not even close. You can easily stop the run with good LBs, I'm usually playing in a 3-4 and I found that the Dline is by far the least important part of my team, give me some guys with a decent Tackling and I'll be fine. But the difference between a mediocre CB and a Revis-type shutdown corner is huge.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I concur; CB by a longshot, especially if you're playing the games yourself. Even with the best defensive lines, the interior push is seriously lacking.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks guys. I don't get on here too much, nor have I had much of a chance to play lately. But I'm getting it started up again.

What do you think about a WR or CB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Again, I'd go with the CB. It's a lot easier picking up decent or good WRs (and even easier to pick up a good pass-catching TE which is a killer weapon on madden), while great CBs are hard to come by.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

CB! I value that over just about any other position. I have DRC, Mahammed Alipate, AND Takoby Jean-Louis in one of my online franchisies, to go along with Erik Berry and Tiqwaun Foley at S. A beast mode secondary is always the key to having a great defense in Madden imo.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:10 AM   #8
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3

I would say CB over all positions.

I recently tried the speed kills tactic in my online franchise and had all my CBs with crap ratings but they all had 95+ speed. Plain and simple, did not work. lol
2 games left in the season and I have the 32nd ranked pass defense. My record is 11-3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »