Home

So, will play action be successful this year?

This is a discussion on So, will play action be successful this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4
So, will play action be successful this year?

Alright, someone who works for EA posted the 50 most frequent plays on Madden last year and in my opinion they really shouldn't have. Is there any PA play that averaged positive yards? Looks doubtful. It's pretty inexcusable to have a type of play that is called a good amount in the NFL to have a negative outcome almost every time. So PLEASE fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: So, will play action be successful this year?

I agree.. Playaction was beautiful on 10. I don't know what happen to it on 11. As soon as your coming out of the fake to the RB there's a DE or LB smashing your QB. They hardly ever bite on the fake making it hard to wanna take a chance on it. Hopefully they go back to how ever they had it on 10.

On a side note our players bite on the playaction against CPU though. Haha!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I agree.. Playaction was beautiful on 10. I don't know what happen to it on 11. As soon as your coming out of the fake to the RB there's a DE or LB smashing your QB. They hardly ever bite on the fake making it hard to wanna take a chance on it. Hopefully they go back to how ever they had it on 10.

lmao i agree 100% thats why i don't like to use play action and also if u try throw it on play action its always an instant INT and returned for 6 by the cmp DT or DE because they are on u so fast, or a fumble.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

If I set my protection right, I can actually get okay time with a PA... unless there is a blitz of any sort, in which case, my guys NEVER know how to pick it up no matter how I change the protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
This right here needs to be fixed above anything else, because it's like this across every aspect of Madden. 3rd and long, my d-line takes 4,5,6 seconds to work free to the quarterback; the CPU can whip my guys in an instant. I call a rollout and I've got the DE breaking free in my face. The CPU rolls out against me and has time to make a phone call then scan the field.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

Phil said he's already scored twice on PA in his first M12 game. Just the fact that he mentions it leads me to believe they are working on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

[quote=Senator Palmer;2042267017]If I set my protection right, I can actually get okay time with a PA... unless there is a blitz of any sort, in which case, my guys NEVER know how to pick it up no matter how I change the protection.

This right here needs to be fixed above anything else, because it's like this across every aspect of Madden. 3rd and long, my d-line takes 4,5,6 seconds to work free to the quarterback; the CPU can whip my guys in an instant. I call a rollout and I've got the DE breaking free in my face. The CPU rolls out against me and has time to make a phone call then scan the field.[/quote]

Hahahaha! For real. Hopefully this is fixed for 12. The playaction was sweet on 10..
Old 03-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

1. I've had lots of success online with PA. I generally run it of of two te sets or a te and fb and hot route at least one te or the fb to block. You will have alot more success if you hot route people to block.

2. I see alot of people try pa against me and get sacked quickly. The problem is 90% of the time the guy isn't even running the ball. Believe it or not, the idea is to run the ball to set up pa...alot of people online don't seem to grasp this concept (or they simply hate running the ball).

3. Don't be surprised when your complaining again come august when pa is money, regardless of the fact that people aren't using it correctly. Be careful what you wish for...
Old 03-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Since Ian asked our opinion months ago on whether or not they should work on play action or surprise onside kicks, I'm hoping they have revamped the play action system. Obviously it was an overwhelming majority of the community who suggested that play action get more attention.

After the last patch, blocking was a bit better on play action. Unfortunately it was never fixed for NCAA.

We need quicker play action fakes, and different types of play action fakes (Deep, Normal, and "Token" Open Hand Fakes). Also, the QB needs to use the proper footwork and set up to throw properly, even if the play if flipped. That's been an issue as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »