Home

Why are generated rookies in M11 so highly-rated?

This is a discussion on Why are generated rookies in M11 so highly-rated? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2011, 02:05 AM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Why are generated rookies in M11 so highly-rated?

The question then becomes how EA would, using your example, make a guy appear to be a 72 OVR but play like an 80 OVR. Would there be a hidden ratings boost? Would the game be deliberately lying to the player? Rather than this I'd prefer an option to hide the exact ratings altogether and either A) only see letter grades for how good a player is for a particular set of skills, a la NBA 2K11, or B) no ratings at all, hide them all with various metrics similar to what they do with the draft prospects.

I would like to see EA get back to using more of the ratings scale for all players, the rookies included. They reset everything with the default rosters of Madden 10, but with the weekly roster updates over the past two years the ratings have creeped back up a bit.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
The question then becomes how EA would, using your example, make a guy appear to be a 72 OVR but play like an 80 OVR. Would there be a hidden ratings boost? Would the game be deliberately lying to the player? Rather than this I'd prefer an option to hide the exact ratings altogether and either A) only see letter grades for how good a player is for a particular set of skills, a la NBA 2K11, or B) no ratings at all, hide them all with various metrics similar to what they do with the draft prospects.

I would like to see EA get back to using more of the ratings scale for all players, the rookies included. They reset everything with the default rosters of Madden 10, but with the weekly roster updates over the past two years the ratings have creeped back up a bit.
My idea would be something they had in Head Coach 09 (I'm going to sound like a broken record if you read enough of my posts, there are many things I love from this game that I want in Madden. They had "ghost" OVRs, they fluctuated every few games until it finally settled on the players true OVR. If that happens, the player can be a 72, but light it up because his visible "ghost" OVR is currently an 80. If he fails to play up to that 80 OVR standard, his true OVR will be lower than that when it settles.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:47 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Madden has a problem overcompensating for things. You ask for gems in the draft and they give you 20+ 79+ rated players after the 4th round. You ask for busts and the top 10 guys picked are 69 rated. And for the love of god why are 6 round picks coming in at 84 overall. Not even the top 10 guys are that good. The random recruit generators of last gen did a better job than this. The incoming prospect ratings dwarf the ratings for the games "real players" after a few seasons.

After you find the trick to stockpiling 5 round picks and picking up gems, the mode become redundant.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #20
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Madden has a problem overcompensating for things. You ask for gems in the draft and they give you 20+ 79+ rated players after the 4th round. You ask for busts and the top 10 guys picked are 69 rated. And for the love of god why are 6 round picks coming in at 84 overall. Not even the top 10 guys are that good. The random recruit generators of last gen did a better job than this. The incoming prospect ratings dwarf the ratings for the games "real players" after a few seasons.

After you find the trick to stockpiling 5 round picks and picking up gems, the mode become redundant.
In most of the Madden 11 draft classes, you can find players in their 80's in the sixth and seventh round. I understand the need to make players like Brady and Colston, but an OLB with 95 speed?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #21
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
In most of the Madden 11 draft classes, you can find players in their 80's in the sixth and seventh round. I understand the need to make players like Brady and Colston, but an OLB with 95 speed?
It seems to me like this is more of a draft logic problem. Why is an 80 OVR falling to the 6th round in the first place?
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »