Home

Will Madden 12 have a better highlight show?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 12 have a better highlight show? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Will Asterisks 12 have a better highlight show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiecakes
Didn't Phil or someone say last year that they were, for lack of a better word, "taking a year off" to make a better presentation package for Madden 12?

(I'm doing some MAJOR, LIBERAL PARAPHRASING THERE - apologies if it sounds like a misquote. It's just the general impression I got between all parties.)

Last year during the pre-Madden 11 blogs and whatnot I got the general impression that stuff like Franchise mode and some presentation features were not being touched much for Madden 11 because they were deep into that stuff and that it wouldn't be ready in time for M11's release. And that Madden 12 would have drastic improvements that basically culminated from 2 years of work as opposed to just one.

Was I just reading into and assuming too much on that? Or do they really have improved presentation/franchise on the way for M12?
It was franchise mode that Phil mentioned would be improved. He didn't say anything about presentation back then.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #18
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiecakes
Heck, why not get Mike and Mike to do a weekly "Talk show" about events and performances each week?

I bet they'd get a kick out of doing stuff for Madden.
(Smack my head) How come I never thought of that??? Haha if that took over the old Tony Bruno show that would be fantastic. Sports fans gotta love Mike and Mike
Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
1st - You can improve on something greatly in 1 year (ie..NBA 2k11 and ESPN 2k5)

2nd - I think they laid the groundwork to add highlights in the Extra Point in Madden 10 (according to Ian a few years ago).

I truly hope that Madden 12 has a solid franchise mode and includes the Extra Point with around the league highlights and other news stories (injuries, hot streaks, etc)
This would be a dream come true for me.. Gamebreaks would be great too..
Old 04-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
They should scrap the extra point if it doesnt have highlights.. almost everyone is going to skip it after awhile anyways.. once again, franchise should take a lesson from HC09 and have adam schefter pop up in the corner and announce news while we are at the menu, signing players, etc.
I agree...
Old 04-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Stop with the 2k comparisons guys
Amen Brother
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #22
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Will Madden 12 have a better highlight show?

On top of highlights, give me a reason NOT to speed through halftime.

Every Sunday when watching my Browns, I always look forward to halftime to see how my fantasy team is doing. I would love to see 'real time' scoring and some sort of running scoreboard during MY game. Give me that and highlights and I will be impressed.

*Not to make this a wishlist, but it would be sweet if they had some sort of weekly 'Top Fantasy Performers' so I would pay attention to other teams and players than just my own.

Would be nice for scouting for trades, etc.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #23
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
*Not to make this a wishlist, but it would be sweet if they had some sort of weekly 'Top Fantasy Performers' so I would pay attention to other teams and players than just my own.

Would be nice for scouting for trades, etc.
That's a great idea.

In the same vein, that's what I need from franchise in M11: for the rest of league to come alive. Like you, I have the tendency to only focus on my team. That feeling contributes to an isolated feeling in franchise if that makes sense.

If they can't put together an immersive halftime show, I'd like to see them have a similar franchise layout to NBA2K11. I can see scores, disgruntled players, record setting days, etc. I don't get my kicks from it b/c I'm not a huge NBA fan. But if I was getting my NFL franchise info seamlessly like that, it would be great.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

I think Franchise Mode and Presentation should go hand-in-hand.

It's not just about "hot dog prices" and "adding new luxury suites"... it's the show itself!

They need to make a living, breathing franchise mode. One that makes you want to jump in and run a whole team. One that REACTS to your decisions - both on the field and off.

Tie in things like local media, local radio sports talks shows, ESPN highlight shows, award show presentations, combine workouts, a live draft show with players walking up to the podium and shaking the commissioners' hand, fans booing unpopular picks lol (Eagles Fans Booing McNabb, Jets fans booing...every pick the Jets make, etc...)... They've touched on some of this stuff in the past (Tony Bruno shows, etc...), but it's very minimal. And some of it is stretched into Superstar mode, but it's focused more on 1 player and nobody else.

And as has been said a zillion times, during the week, they need to have a REAL highlight show. Weekly highlights and halftime highlights. Just showing replays of random big plays is boring. You can pull them up anytime you want to at the pause menu. I want to hear a commentator or analyst DESCRIBE the play as it's happening, ala Chris Berman/Tom Jackson/Bob Costas/Keith Olberman, etc... Other games have done this in the past on older consoles. This should be easy on the 360/PS3.

AND they need to incorporate OTHER league games - generate highlights based on the simmed stats from OTHER games around the league. I want to feel like I'm a NFL owner - in a LEAGUE with 32 other owners.

Bring the whole LEAGUE to life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »