Home

Does your store do "Midnight Madden Madness"?

This is a discussion on Does your store do "Midnight Madden Madness"? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Does your store do "Midnight Madden Madness"?

Or whatever they call it. The first time I bought Madden at release of 08 (gamecube). When I went at midnight there were about 50 people on line. The gamestop store was handing out "goody bags". It had energy drinks, protein bars, cologne and shower gel (forgot what brand....something red with flames or something like fire on it) discount coupons for the store (I think- not sure I'm remembering that right) and some other stuff. My wife laughed when I came home "like a kid coming home from a party with his goody bag".
I asked this year (I'm going to buy Madden 12 at midnight of release date)but they said they "might do something but they haven't done anything like I described lately."
Just wondering if anyone else has had/still has this experience at their store.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Does your store do "Midnight Madden Madness"?

You mean Midnight Maddeness? JK. No I have never really gotten anything cool, or at the very least good at a Madden midnight launch, but one year my local GS was supposed to have a tournament and hand out prizes, which turned out to be them opening right at midnight and tossing t-shirts that they couldn't sale, then they told us that we needed to be ready to tell them which system we want the game for so they could have us out in as little time as possible.

Fun Stuff!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

the gamestop's we have around me which is just about almost every corner now do the midnight release's never been to one though even the 24 hr walmart's do them and hand stuff out last yr i got a lil football and a hand towel they both said xbox 360 on them even though i got the game for the ps2 @ the time lol i just recently moved up to the ps3 this yr... i had my wife go one yr and last yr she went and got it for me @ midnight without me asking lol.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I've worked for GameStop since Madden 08 and here's what we've done in the past:

Madden 08: No Midnight, instead we opened 2 hours early the day of release.
Madden 09: Midnight release with game on display to play while you waited.
Madden 10: No Midnight, opened at regular time
Madden 11: No Midnight, opened an hour early. EA sent us a bunch of swag for this one, mostly Mardi Gras beads and t-shirts.

Sales have been pretty low for our store as far as madden first month sales go, and we're one of the top stores in our district. Midnight releases are all based on Pre-Orders. The more Pre-Orders we have, the better chance we have of a midnight launch. I hope we have a midnight this year because I hate going in the morning because of the wait and the early morning traffic.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Madden 11 had around 75 people for midnight release. The line snaked out the doors and down the strip mall past another 4 stores.

The line did move rather quickly. I was in the car by 12:10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Pretty much yes my store does have a midnight madness every year. They do pizza and drings and a few other things. Not a big party. I live in a small town and all. But we do have one every year. Avg. number of people each year at this Midnight Madness would be around 75 people. I love it and enjoy it every year.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

The Gamestop I go to has one every year. It's nothing special, they are in a hurry to go home. I do think I got a keychain or something one year.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

The game stop by me as done less and less each year. It used to be food, drinks and prizes. In fact one year they had trivia questions, and my wife and I each won gift cards to the store. I think last year was those Mardi Grad Beads with the Madden Logo on it. I may not even go at Midnight this year (Im getting a little old to be doing that anymore) and I can just get up early and go to Wal-Mart. It used to be a great night (Stay up all night and play when I got home, sleep for a little bit, get up and play the rest of the day)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »