Home

EA needs to hire a "ghost team" for Madden development

This is a discussion on EA needs to hire a "ghost team" for Madden development within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #41
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: EA needs to hire a "ghost team" for Madden development

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
So Black Ops would sell better with NFL players ? NBA 2k11 sold great without a trace of the NFL also; Maybe 2k should come out with a football game with NBA players in it ? That way we can have our licensed 2k football game ?
For the record, I never said that. The point of that statement was to illustrate that the videogame-purchasing consumer indisputably has choices beyond Madden when it comes to purchasing video games.

And I'm pretty sure the exclusivity agreement would bar NFL players from appearing in Blops anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
For the record, I never said that. The point of that statement was to illustrate that the videogame-purchasing consumer indisputably has choices beyond Madden when it comes to purchasing video games.

And I'm pretty sure the exclusivity agreement would bar NFL players from appearing in Blops anyway.

But we where talking about video football games and then you brought up other video games.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #43
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
But we where talking about video football games and then you brought up other video games.
Which was the point I was trying to make entirely. Football video games are but a very small subset of all video games. At a given point in time, someone who is purchasing a video game may opt to buy any video game he likes. This may be a football video game, but it doesn't have to be.

That is the crux of my whole argument, why EA Tiburon must constantly improve Madden (and NCAA for that matter), to encourage consumers to buy its product. That purchasing decision still exists, even without the existence of NFL-licensed football games by 2K, 989 Sports, Acclaim, or anyone else.

I don't know how I can make this any more clear.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 25
Angry Re: EA needs to hire a "ghost team" for Madden development

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Which was the point I was trying to make entirely. Football video games are but a very small subset of all video games. At a given point in time, someone who is purchasing a video game may opt to buy any video game he likes. This may be a football video game, but it doesn't have to be.

That is the crux of my whole argument, why EA Tiburon must constantly improve Madden (and NCAA for that matter), to encourage consumers to buy its product. That purchasing decision still exists, even without the existence of NFL-licensed football games by 2K, 989 Sports, Acclaim, or anyone else.

I don't know how I can make this any more clear.
Chooe, these guys aren't gonna listen to any type of common sense. They are obviously here to make wild, unfounded accusations without any clear notion of rational thought. They are claiming how flawed Madden is while being totally oblivious to the fact that every game has flaws, some would even consider those flaws bad enough that it is unplayable for them... Even Black Ops, GTA, Gears, 2k5 (me included), BB and every other game ever made. What they are saying is that they want a game that suits them, the 10% of consumers who don't enjoy Madden every year. Maybe next year EA will make Madden so it suits the 2k fan boys and then their sales will drop 90%.... Sound good to everyone else?
Old 04-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
Chooe, these guys aren't gonna listen to any type of common sense. They are obviously here to make wild, unfounded accusations without any clear notion of rational thought. They are claiming how flawed Madden is while being totally oblivious to the fact that every game has flaws, some would even consider those flaws bad enough that it is unplayable for them... Even Black Ops, GTA, Gears, 2k5 (me included), BB and every other game ever made. What they are saying is that they want a game that suits them, the 10% of consumers who don't enjoy Madden every year. Maybe next year EA will make Madden so it suits the 2k fan boys and then their sales will drop 90%.... Sound good to everyone else?
Pot, meet kettle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 01:35 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 25

What cuz I didnt like 2k? Is rather play a game I enjoy, than be concerned about visuals... My personal preference. If you don't like a game, go make another. People act like it wasn't the NFL seeking the exclusive licensing, like its all EA's doing... Wrong. Like I said in my previous post, it doesn't make any sense for EA to change their game to suit the 10% of the consumers that do not like it.

There are way too.many conspiracy.theorists on here. Some people need to unplug and get out in the real.world for a.minute.

Last edited by CRMosier_LM; 04-05-2011 at 01:38 AM. Reason: added information
Old 04-05-2011, 02:26 AM   #47
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
What cuz I didnt like 2k? Is rather play a game I enjoy, than be concerned about visuals... My personal preference. If you don't like a game, go make another. People act like it wasn't the NFL seeking the exclusive licensing, like its all EA's doing... Wrong. Like I said in my previous post, it doesn't make any sense for EA to change their game to suit the 10% of the consumers that do not like it.

There are way too.many conspiracy.theorists on here. Some people need to unplug and get out in the real.world for a.minute.
I want a legitimate poll somewhere to know the satisfaction on EA's football games. Because I know for sure it isn't 10% that are dissatisfied.

EDIT: By the way to make it clear I'm not one of those dissatisfied right now. Well, not TOTALLY dissatisfied. I was very dissatisfied during launch day but after all the patches it was "decent". I'm sorry but this console generation has spoiled me rotten that I have to have high expectations for every release and Madden isn't getting up there yet. Since I can't really compare Madden to another current gen football game I'll just say I want their presentation and details up to par to a certain basketball and baseball game. (Don't bring up that excuse that basketball is an easier sport to get right since you know... they couldn't get it right.)

I'm optimistic M12 though because they're actually paying attention to the fans who were there enjoying every bit of Madden during the PS2 days, the offline franchise crowd.

Last edited by ThisIsReality; 04-05-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #48
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsReality
I want a legitimate poll somewhere to know the satisfaction on EA's football games. Because I know for sure it isn't 10% that are dissatisfied.

I'm not sure where you would find one, on the net or outside of the net.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »