Home

Legal Notice from U.S. District Court: EA Sports Class Action (e-mail)

This is a discussion on Legal Notice from U.S. District Court: EA Sports Class Action (e-mail) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Legal Notice from U.S. District Court: EA Sports Class Action (e-mail)

I was part of a "class action" lawsuit from Norton anti-virus. You'd buy a year's subscription and they'd make you re-up at or around 11 months. It wasn't counting your last month or so, so eventually they were taking months away from your 12 month purchase. When it was all said and done, I was offered something like a check for $6 or $10 off my next Norton download and they fixed the "bug" that was cutting off a month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
When did American Needle sue EA?
American Needle sued the NFL, but with all the lawsuits with these exclusive licenses, and the fact that they're expensive and haven't increased sales, it might persuade EA not to seek an exclusive license anymore. That and the fact that there's no one who could outbid them anyway. Why pay more money to freeze out competitors that don't exist ?

There are enough people suing(or have sued) EA,from this class-action suit, to the college players,and the retired players.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 04-06-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

I received it. I signed up with a law firm 1 or 2 years ago and am not sure if its even the same law firm. They were based in Chicago if I remember correctly.

I still have every disc and copy since 2005. You are excluded if you bought a used version.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #28
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

I got this e-mail as well.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #29
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Since when are lawsuits done through email? Anyhow, the NFL is to blame for the exclusive license not EA. EA is just the high bidder. They were willing to pay the NFL more than anybody else in order to gain the rights to make this game.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #30
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
PFT put it best... if this somehow succeeds all the class will end up with in a couple years is a $10 off voucher for an EA game and some lawyers will get millions.

I don't see how it can be proven that we've all overpaid though and expect a quick dismissal.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited by mestevo; 04-06-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
He's not just talking about the email; the email means diddley poo. He's talking about all of the people that have taken EA to court: the college players, American Needle, and this class action suit.

My hope is that the NFL doesn't seek to renew the license because of the precedent, if American Needle wins, that has been set by American Needle, or all these lawsuits hurt EA's ability to even make exclusive deals in the future, or that EA simply sees no benefit in owning an exclusive license anymore.
And I'm talking if , a big if, if all these lawsuits goes against EA, layoffs will happen. I've never wished that upon anyone before.

You need to take a look at the whole big picture, not just what you are hoping or wishing for.

Last edited by roadman; 04-06-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #32
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And I'm talking if , a big if, if all these lawsuits goes against EA, layoffs will happen. I've never wished that upon anyone before.

You need to take a look at the whole big picture, not just what you are hoping or wishing for.
Your forgetting that if the lawsuits succeeded, EA would not be allowed to spend the obsene amount of money it does on exclusivity. EA would probably have more money than they do now over the long term so layoffs would be unlikely.

At this point it's just a pipedream tho. I don't believe the lawsuits will go anywhere, and if they do I don't believe another company is interested in spending 2+ years of development creating a game to compete vs what would be Madden 14. EA just has too much of a headstart on thee consoles now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »