Home

Legal Notice from U.S. District Court: EA Sports Class Action (e-mail)

This is a discussion on Legal Notice from U.S. District Court: EA Sports Class Action (e-mail) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #49
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Legal Notice from U.S. District Court: EA Sports Class Action (e-mail)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Thats my point though. You are telling an entity who they can and can't sell their properties to. That's not something I want the government regulating. If I own properties such as this I don't want the government devaluing them because I am forced to sell them to all comers. They are my properties I should be able to do with them as I see fit.

Government interference for intellectual properties is not a precedent that I want to set.

If it was your business I doubt you'd want someone telling you what to do with your product. Particulalrly when it means less income for you.

I am all for more NFL licensed games but not at this cost. The ends do not justify the means.
America was built on freedom of the people, by the people, and FOR the people. Right? If so, the PEOPLE of 2K should be able to make a NFL video game if they want to!!!!

And yes, I did bleep myself out just to clarify that. lol.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #50
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
America was built on freedom of the people, by the people, and FOR the people. Right? If so, the PEOPLE of 2K should be able to make a NFL video game if they want to!!!!

There isn't an section in the Bill of Rights that governs the licensing of intellectual property, sorry.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Not if its the NFL intellectual property. Would you like it if I came over and took your car because I feel I have the right to drive it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #52
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
There isn't an section in the Bill of Rights that governs the licensing of intellectual property, sorry.
no but there is a gray area in everything. If you look at the Bill of Rights, even what I just took from it, this lawsuit could go either way. There's a gray area in everything.

Nobody should be able to have exclusive rights to anything of this sort. The only thing I could see that the NFL could do is make the rights for their games so high that only EA could pay for them and last I checked EA wasn't the most profitable...maybe in sports but not as a whole.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
no but there is a gray area in everything. If you look at the Bill of Rights, even what I just took from it, this lawsuit could go either way. There's a gray area in everything.

Nobody should be able to have exclusive rights to anything of this sort. The only thing I could see that the NFL could do is make the rights for their games so high that only EA could pay for them and last I checked EA wasn't the most profitable...maybe in sports but not as a whole.
Where is there a gray area? People protecting their property, intellectual or otherwise is not a new thing.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #54
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

So you are saying that if there is an IP I should be able to pay their license fee and do whatever I want with it?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #55
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I was scared when I opened this eMail.

As someone who went to CD last year, I was afraid I may have said somethnig I shouldn't have at some point [which I don't think I have] and they were going ot sue me... then I read the title more closely and the contents... while I calmed down, I still needed a new pair of shorts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #56
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

So by this logic are you saying that any singer should be able to take a Beatles (or any other artists) song without their permission and sing it, sell it and make money off of it regardless of the fact that the Beatles never gave them permission to do so or even prohibited them from doing so.

The NFL is basically the Beatles in my quick and dirty analogy. They created their product with their money and you are saying that anyone who wants to should be able to use it with or without their permission.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »