Home

Madden development problems?

This is a discussion on Madden development problems? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #73
MVP

BoSoxPujols's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden development problems?

Welp this years Madden is going to be hurting.

No that it matters. Madden has been a joke on Next Gen systems since it came out.

The whole series needs an entire rework.

Anyone posting that this won't have any effect on this year's release are just trying to make themselves feel better. There's twitter posts from EA/Madden people saying the release date may be pushed back. Having a bunch of devs leave around mid-cycle will have obvious ramifications on the quality of the product....and with the way Madden has gone recently that's really not a good thing.

Saying last year's Madden was the best in years wasn't really saying much as most of the last 5 years has been sub par release after sub par release.

Yet another reason why the NFL exclusive liscence was a terible idea/move for the gaming community.

Thankfulyl EA's hockey and soccer titles are very solid and the best in the business because outside of an improving NCAA franchise that tooks some nice steps last year EA is falling on it's face with football, baskletball, and losing baseball was terrible as well.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #74
Rookie

DarkOmnios's Arena

OVR: 0

Hope the game still comes out, if it will be like NBA Elite then we are screw, and because of the NFL rights then will not be any NFL game. Hope that will not happen.

At least in the NBA case gamers had 2k11...
Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #75
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Wait! What!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOmnios
Hope the game still comes out, if it will be like NBA Elite then we are screw, and because of the NFL rights then will not be any NFL game. Hope that will not happen.

At least in the NBA case gamers had 2k11...
No need to press the panic button, Phil said it will come out in August.

Different circumstances altogether. A couple of people get a better opportunity vs scraping the whole game.

The world won't end if a few people are bettering themselves.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #77
Rookie

DarkOmnios's Arena

OVR: 0

Never know no one was thiking Elite wasnt come out, and dont remember this hapening with any Madden, like i said i want the game come out and hope the is nothing, and yes i watch some time ago Ian confirming Madeen this year in is Twitter account.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #78
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxPujols
Anyone posting that this won't have any effect on this year's release are just trying to make themselves feel better. There's twitter posts from EA/Madden people saying the release date may be pushed back. Having a bunch of devs leave around mid-cycle will have obvious ramifications on the quality of the product....and with the way Madden has gone recently that's really not a good thing.
I missed this. When did EA say that the release date may to be pushed back?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I missed this. When did EA say that the release date may to be pushed back?
Pasta reported that the major retailers took down the original August date. Amazon has it listed as a place holder date of Dec. 31st.

I saw one guy twitter every single person from Madden asking the same question.

Phil said the game will come out in August.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
I apologize, I thought you were taking shots at the dev team as a whole. People always want a scapegoat, and its seriously irritating to see people post ignorant things when they have absolutely no clue what goes on at a studio. The people on here who complain constantly think the its a conspiracy and the dev team is out to ruin the game for them. If you.have Twitter then I'm sure you saw all the hate being blasted on them yesterday. Its sickening. Those guys absolutely bust their butts and make everything they are allowed to.work on top notch. The main focus last year handed down to them from above was simplifying the game to appeal to more players and MUT. I personally didn't want either of those, but they did a hell of a job with both of those.

To stay on topic, I will be if Looman and Baker are gone since they have been the biggest franchise development pushers in house. For me personally, those are the only modes I play.
i don't think anyone is questioning their work ethic...i think we are all questioning if they are the right team for the job. madden hasn't made any significant strides in a long time, especially in the gameplay and franchise mode area. im sure they are talented but then again in order to develop games for a living you have to be somewhat good i guess. i honestly question their in-depth knowledge of the sport as well as their priority list....thats all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »