Home

Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete Voting - Round 3 Results, Final Four Set

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete Voting - Round 3 Results, Final Four Set within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Round 4

Probably illegal for it to be rigged in a number of states because there's a contest based off of the results, as a result it almost certainly is not.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #10
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Predictable final 4, no? Makes sense that Vick & Hillis are in it as they were the ones promoting the cover process when it was announced a while back right? And we knew Rodgers would have his place as he was the favorite prior to any official news about the cover. AP is a bit of a wild card, but he's a highly marketable figure.

For my own selfish reasons, I want to know if this is rigged. Oh what the hell, the cover voting process was designed to be fun and in any event, it does seem to be just that. Carry on...
I had it between AP and Aaron Rodgers when I first saw the brackets. AP is the most popular figure I've seen, seems even Packer fans like me can't help but like the guy. Vick is the surprise to me, I know he is popular but I figured for every fan he had their was someone who hated him to match.

Anyways I don't really care who wins, but might as well pull for AP to get the curse. As much as I like him, he is a Viking afterall.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #11
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I think it will go down between Hillis and Vick. Now who will win is tough for me to call.

With Vick its a great story, but Hillis plays HARD NOSE football, and everyone loves how hard he plays.

It's going to be tough. My vote will go to Hillis. Vick been on the cover already, and I feel Hillis is a great fit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #12
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Hillis or bust!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #13
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Probably illegal for it to be rigged in a number of states because there's a contest based off of the results, as a result it almost certainly is not.
Hmmm, I need more details. I can't say that I believe that Seattle's 12th man or a number of the other players were ever a viable option to be on the cover of such a prestigious (using that term loosely) videogame.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Agreed. There is no chance this is legit, but it's fun.

As everyone knows, I'm voting for Vick the whole way. Vick on the cover again is too good of a story imo. Also, a good way to get free press when there likely won't be any football this year.
I don't want Vick on that cover. Put Patrick Willis on the cover; let him get hurt ! The last time Mike Vick was on the cover, he broke his leg the day the day the game was released.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #15
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ESPN Madden Cover Semifinals is now open - Round 4

Amazing to see Hillis make it so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #16
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Hmmm, I need more details. I can't say that I believe that Seattle's 12th man or a number of the other players were ever a viable option to be on the cover of such a prestigious (using that term loosely) videogame.
They're not, but that doesn't mean it's rigged. Some of the matchups were clearly slanted, but I believe the voting itself would be on the up and up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »