Home

Madden Creative Director, Ian Cummings is Leaving Tiburon

This is a discussion on Madden Creative Director, Ian Cummings is Leaving Tiburon within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Ian Cummings is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Overreacting much? Hopefully whoever steps in makes Madden
Better
Yeah just a little lol. I wish they would blow the entire spot up. Start fresh. We've had the same damn engine since Madden 01 for PS2.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #50
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow! I would never have thought this.

Edit: Oh wait, for a better gig? Sweet!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #51
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
We've had the same damn engine since Madden 01 for PS2.
That's really not true on multiple levels (there isn't just one engine, and the multiple engines are quite obviously not the same as M01), but people continue to believe what they want on the whole engines issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 12

IMO the wrong guy is leaving, oh well. You can tell, at least it looked that way to me, Ian's heart wasn't in it last year when doing all those dopey co-op internet commercials and various other interviews. He just didn't seem comfortable (IMO of course). Glad he had the balls to split instead of towing the company line again... seems like the suits killed his passion for madden. Once again I have no proof, this is all IMO... have to say that so peeps don't get their panties all in bunch. Well if true good luck to you Ian.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #53
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
I'm sure EA Tiburon can find a strong personality who is a natural leader and is passionate about football amongst their ranks.
I have a feeling that is what EA Tiburon DOES not want. Their feature sets are determined by committee, and it isn't usually the devs with the biggest voice in the "committee". The only "Freedom" the devs have is little stuff where they can do it by justifying very few man hours beyond the features determined by corporate committee.

That is ALWAYS the feeling I got when I was in the Madden/NCAA Com. Leader program from 2007-2009 and got to visit with the devs. Their frustration is evident, but they have to be very careful with what they say.

I'd LOVE to hear Ian open up about how the feature sets are determined, but knowing EA, they are stringing some benefits his way that he only gets if he keeps his mouth shut for X amount of time... so he probably can't even go into it when he leaves.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #54
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Yeah just a little lol. I wish they would blow the entire spot up. Start fresh. We've had the same damn engine since Madden 01 for PS2.
I doubt they will do a new game engine until the next consoles come out. I could be wrong somewhat. I'm almost sure it want happen with the current gen. consoles. But all we can do at this point is wish bro.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #55
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUp
What's to wonder? Madden 11 dropped like 600K in units from the previous year and was never steady over the past few. I doubt this was a fully voluntary move, and the whole "he left for more money" angle is funny to me. If people think making Facebook games in a small startup with an uncertain future is going to make you more money any time soon than being a head dev at EA, then they'll believe anything. Remember the lack of enthusiasm (some could even consider rudeness) from him in the videos he was in for Madden 11? Something was up at that point. The writing was on the wall. Only thing that surprises me is that we're not hearing of other head guys there going too, but it may not be far off.

I can't say it bothers me one bit. Remember that this is the same guy that lashed out at the Youtube community saying that us finding and posting videos about the problems in Madden was an indication that we had no lives. Besides that being unprofessional, a good designer would realize that if we can see that many big problems at all it's an indication that your game is broken. Point blank, if every single lineman on a pass play can miss their primary assignment and allow rushers in free with out breathing on them, you have a broken game. That's not the communities fault and the communities aren't wrong for pointing it out.

I welcome change and more of it.
gl
So, working less hours for more pay isn't a step up in the world. I guess people leave for better benefits nowadays.

It wasn't rudeness on the camera, either, he mentioned he didn't like the cameras.

Isn't this the same designer that was trying to arrange a podcast with the Youtube community?

Go figure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #56
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

um...why is this a big deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »