Home

Tips on developing a better running game online?

This is a discussion on Tips on developing a better running game online? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Tips on developing a better running game online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboJolley20
I use GB, and I'm pretty good, or I thought I was-- I recently went on two separate 11-game winning streaks, but now I'm in a 6-game slump, and I think part of it is because my running game is suspect. It's not my team's fault, because Green Bay isn't bad on the ground IRL. But just sometimes, when I hand the ball off, I feel like I got no blocking and I get hit in the backfield or for a 1- or 2-yard gain. I try running double-TE formations, double-back sets, Singleback, Shotgun, nothing seems to work.

Suggestions?
Here are my suggestions:

Sprint Wisely: When you sprint the defense reacts aggressively by pushing away from blocks, and running to the ball. In addition, your jukes and spins are less pronounced when pressing the sprint button. Without the sprint, you increase your lateral range on those moves by about a 1 1/2 yards.

Cold Shoulder: If you see a defender blocked run to the side opposite his exposed shoulder. Defenders with a shoulder free can most easily shed blocks to the side of their free arm. Running to the side of the 'blocked' shoulder helps your blockers maintain relative position to you longer.

In other words, where you run and how you run makes a big difference in the success of your blocks.

Hope this helps,

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »