Home

Madden NFL 12 to Kick Off Another 3-Year Plan

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 to Kick Off Another 3-Year Plan within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Another 3-Year Plan

i feel like im in an abusive relationship with madden. sure 2005 2006 and 2007 were great but then next gen happened and madden beat me (out of 60$). ever since then hes been promising change but never delivering and the beatings still happen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #26
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Doubling the size of the development team sounds good. I always thought they could use more hands on deck.

3 years is a long time though, especially since I've already been waiting 5-6. I don't know if it's my age, other interest, games not meeting my expectations, but I might not be playing video games in 3 years.

I hope this 3-year plan includes re-doing the AI, animations / player interaction & defensive play calling. The word "features" always scares me when it comes to Madden.
I'm with you!! heck I hoping to great text sim football game them I'm definitely out ...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #27
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I think it's always a rolling 3 year plan, as in ...we're planning 3 years ahead. Not "we're starting over and it'll take 3 years to get good"
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #28
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I hope to God that franchise mode isn't going to take a back seat again.

Madden's vision puzzles me a great deal. With Ian now gone and the uncertainty of who else is leaving I have a bad feeling about the direction of Madden. The series has been out long enough on current gen consoles and the improvements over time have been slow. Having team members leave in the middle of the development cycle may not hurt much this year, but next years Madden will certainly tell the tale of their vision.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I think it's always a rolling 3 year plan, as in ...we're planning 3 years ahead. Not "we're starting over and it'll take 3 years to get good"
Glad to see I'm not the only one who took the same message.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #30
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Madden needs a visionary, someone to step in with realistic goals and then move toward achieving them. They need to stop meandering around message boards and lay off these silly teaser scenarios. There's a guy on Twitter claiming that if he gets so many followers he'll release another photo of Madden 12. We don't need that. The Madden team doesn't need that. It's chasing the wind on both ends.

Sound bytes, Hidden white board messages, mysterious videos hinting towards possible features...All these things need to simply go away. I don't know much about Madden's current GM (Cam Weber), but perhaps his comment about a 3 year plan is to introduce his goals for the franchise. Maybe so, but please stop with your ground men hinting and raising speculation about your product. this link that Chase provided does give a good outline of what they are introducing in M12, so I give them credit there:

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/madden-nfl-playbook

Outline what your vision is. Create realistic goals that are achievable. Present it in a clear and readable way so that those who are legitimately interested in the depth of your game aren't going around on a treasure hunt trying to discern what a picture of cheerleaders means.
I agree with the sentiment. Enough with the teasing and the gameplaying -- most of us are adults and the end result has more oftentimes than not led to jeers when when we're delivered something that's less than what we were led to believe.

Just lay it out to us straight or don't say anything at all. Making an announcement about an announcement without laying out any hard specifics is pretty ridiculous to me at this point.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 3
Talking Re: Another 3-Year Plan

I think this is a misprint. They forgot the zero. 30 yr plan. In 30 years Madden will be the type of football game where gamers wont have to spend 9 months tweaking sliders for a great game of football. Of course for me it wont matter because in 30 years i'll either be dead or decrepit to the point where someone will be wiping the drool off my chin, and feeding me out my depends diaper, so it wont matter for me. I know one thing, I have cob webs forming on me while i wait for this next generation BS to kick in. Thank God im almost done with my years of spending 500 to a 1000 dollars a year on video games. Im a gaming sucker extraordinaire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #32
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Exactly...that's what I was trying to imply. I'm not sure how people equate this to franchise being ignored in M12. I'm confident that's not the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »