Home

A clipping call that was actually cool!

This is a discussion on A clipping call that was actually cool! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2003, 06:15 PM   #1
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27
A clipping call that was actually cool!

I was returning a punt down the sideline with only the punter to beat. As I got near, one of my linemen shoved the punter in the back, sending him flying, and I thought to myself crap, that was an illegal block. Sure enough, the play got called back for clipping on the guy who leveled the punter.

First time I've actually seen a penalty as it happened in the game! Too bad it was on me, and it really wasn't clipping (since there's no block in back penalty), but it was still something interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: A clipping call that was actually cool!

I've seen quite a few clips in my game...

As for other penalies,the holding calls are a joke...You shove someone down and it's called a penalty.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:55 PM   #3
pol
All Star

pol's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

LetsGoPitt said:
I was returning a punt down the sideline with only the punter to beat. As I got near, one of my linemen shoved the punter in the back, sending him flying, and I thought to myself crap, that was an illegal block. Sure enough, the play got called back for clipping on the guy who leveled the punter.

First time I've actually seen a penalty as it happened in the game! Too bad it was on me, and it really wasn't clipping (since there's no block in back penalty), but it was still something interesting.

how did you speak in italics?
Old 08-24-2003, 07:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

its called HTML. You learn that and you too can type in italics (or just insert UBB code that is available whne you post.....to the right of the smilies)
Old 08-24-2003, 07:35 PM   #5
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

holding calls are bullsh*t. i had a 76 yard TD run with William Green called back because of holding. only i wasn't holding the other teams player. they were holding me. i bumped face mask and holding way down. still though i'm the only team that gets penalties. it sucks. last game it was 2 for 15 yards before that it like 4 for 25 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2003, 10:45 AM   #6
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

Vinceanity2k3 said:
I've seen quite a few clips in my game...

As for other penalies,the holding calls are a joke...You shove someone down and it's called a penalty.

What's really a joke is Offensive Pass Interference.

I have YET to see this called against the CPU. I think now that I'm gonna up the Def. Pass Interference slider to reflect when NFL QBs just chuck the ball deep and damn near get the call everytime.

My WRs get knocked around like ping pong balls and no calls. But I create some space on a passing route and get called for love taps......ridiculous!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:56 AM   #7
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

I got a few roughing the passer calls against me a when i checked the replay man were they bulls*** calls
Old 08-25-2003, 11:01 AM   #8
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I actually wish they call more penalties. For everything. Some games have a few, some about 5 or 6. I know in the NFL, there are dozens per team.

All my sliders are raised except facemask and holding.(the 2 penalties the cpu uses against you while leading or trailing)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »