Home

Is Peter Moore responsible for the lack of Offline innovation?

This is a discussion on Is Peter Moore responsible for the lack of Offline innovation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #41
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is Peter Moore responsible for the lack of Offline innovation?

We'll see when news comes out about Gameplay and Franchise mode. Ian in his last Madden blog mentioned that work was done on Franchise mode.
I also remembered Ian talking about they know how much offline Franchise mode was huge.

Moore said that Franchise mode went untouched last year so they could tear it down and rebuild it. A rebuild that will allow them to take Franchise mode where it should be.

So I am waiting for news......

I too use Madden to get away from the daily grind when I have some free time. Taking over the reins of my Dallas Cowboys and trying to right the ship that Jerry Jones has messed up as a G.M.! That's my only interest in Madden. I have no use for Fantasy MUT or Online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 11

Any improvement in the game the past few years was in spite of Moore, not because of him. He's already "frontrunning" this game into the ground.

People can argue all they want about how it's "good business" for EA so it "makes sense" to appear objective on an forum message board, but that'll be small consolation when it becomes a shell of what once made it great. I chuckled when I saw him talk about "standing in the way of the consumer". Oh he's standing in the way all right, but not in the way he thinks.

He's got the egotistical Vince Young mentality--"Can't nobody tell me nothin'".

I used to check these Madden forums every day. Now I check them two or three times a month. For the first time in 11 years, I have absolutely zero desire to purchase Madden this year. And this is made much easier because of other quality titles that do exist. People like Moore and his decisions make it alot easier not to miss Madden than you think.

Madden won't miss my $60. But I'll have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't throw my money away.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #43
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
The difference being they had actual data to apply their business decisions to, while you have nothing but a the finished product to apply your agenda to. Did you even read what I quoted? He said online team play is bigger in 2 other games than offline franchise is in Madden, what's that and my response have to do with what you posted other than to just try and take another shot at Madden?
Yes I read the post you were quoting. What I was commenting on was the idea that EA actually uses it's statisical data to allow them to concentrate on the areas receiving the most use.

Judging by the statisical data, I guess 90% of Madden gamers play Madden Ultimate Team and Online Team Play exclusively. That's literally the only modes that were worked on at all. Sorry, but I don't buy into it like you do. I guess that's my agenda talking.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Any improvement in the game the past few years was in spite of Moore, not because of him. He's already "frontrunning" this game into the ground.

People can argue all they want about how it's "good business" for EA so it "makes sense" to appear objective on an forum message board, but that'll be small consolation when it becomes a shell of what once made it great. I chuckled when I saw him talk about "standing in the way of the consumer". Oh he's standing in the way all right, but not in the way he thinks.

I used to check these Madden forums every day. Now I check them two or three times a month. For the first time in 11 years, I have absolutely zero desire to purchase Madden this year. And this is made much easier because of other quality titles that do exist. People like Moore and his decisions make it alot easier not to miss Madden than you think.

Madden won't miss my $60. But I'll have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't throw my money away.
AMEN, Brother.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #45
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I GameFly'd Madden this past year and will do the same for 2012 if they haven't overhauled offline franchise. Don't forget that they have been working on the franchise mode for two years instead of one. EA should have plenty to show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead

Agree with your Moore part, but not the last part.

I think it's too premature to make a decision on 12. If you are, you are basing the decision on past Maddens without seeing any blogs, videos or demos on 12. No one knows the outcome of 12 at this time.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #47
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I think it's too premature to make a decision on 12. If you are, you are basing the decision on past Maddens without seeing any blogs, videos or demos on 12. No one knows the outcome of 12 at this time.
While this is true to a point, history can be a precise guide, and has been for years. Madden 2010 was a nice leap, but for the most part, over the last several years, the same "1) hype the game up, 2) add fluffy features that add nothing to the game, but pimp them as revolutionary and 3) rosters updates and graphical changes" have been the all too common formula.

When EA starts fixing the issues that have plagued this game for years and start adding quality features instead of gimmicks, then Im sure that using history as a guide wont work as well, but as of now, he is right not to get excited...at least until we see whats coming to this years game.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I understand what you're saying, but we say that every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »