Home

Ian Cummings Fairwell Tweet

This is a discussion on Ian Cummings Fairwell Tweet within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #9
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Ian Cummings Fairwell Tweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Look back at all Ian did with the video blogs, the breaking down of things they were doing and his attempt to reach out to what is really a small percentage of consumers in places like OS, and you can't argue his desire to see the game improve for the better. Not many of us know the obstacles he and his coworkers faced in each development cycle.

I'm sure he has grown and matured for the better during his time with Tiburon. I wish him the best.
+1
Good luck for the future.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 04-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Look back at all Ian did with the video blogs, the breaking down of things they were doing and his attempt to reach out to what is really a small percentage of consumers in places like OS, and you can't argue his desire to see the game improve for the better. Not many of us know the obstacles he and his coworkers faced in each development cycle.

I'm sure he has grown and matured for the better during his time with Tiburon. I wish him the best.
And how frustrating it would be, thinking of great new ideas, putting them into the game, then having them end up on the cutting room floor. Or trying to plead your case in a futile attempt at the removal of a feature that you didn't like, only to be overridden by your superiors.

It would have been an interesting decade to be a fly on the wall, thats for sure.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Wish Ian and those who rolled out with him well. I may not have agreed with the direction Madden had gone but I also know he wasn't the one who made the final decision at the end of the day.

Good luck and hopefully we will see great things from him in the future!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #12
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

So who is running things now? This franchise just gets worse and worse. Ian flubbed on a few major things IMO, but he seemed to at least have a passion and vision for something that resembled sim football.

I fear this will only make madden more of a "1 marketable feature" per year kinda release.

The fall from grace that is Madden is really one of the great debacles in video game history.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
So who is running things now? This franchise just gets worse and worse. Ian flubbed on a few major things IMO, but he seemed to at least have a passion and vision for something that resembled sim football.

I fear this will only make madden more of a "1 marketable feature" per year kinda release.

The fall from grace that is Madden is really one of the great debacles in video game history.
Well Ian was Head Designer and all. But he was never in total charge of the team. Phil was the headman in that department. Phil is still there and in charge of everything. Madden 12 will be fine. Ian did his best with what he had to work with. It's just the head guys at EA just limited him as to what he could and couldn't do. I think Ian did a good job with madden and with the community.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

"

ian_cummings_xxIan Cummings

Going out with one last Madden blog: http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/a-note-from-ian"
Old 04-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #15
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
"

Going out with one last Madden blog: http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/a-note-from-ian"
Here's the entire text for those interested.

Quote:
After nearly 11 years with Electronic Arts, I have decided to seek opportunities elsewhere. My time at EA has been an incredible ride. From my days in QA to my recent years as the Creative Director for Madden, I always found myself surrounded by the most talented people in the industry. I’ve had the privilege of helping to create world-class gaming experiences like Madden; a franchise that has touched peoples’ lives. For that I am truly grateful and I thank all those that I’ve worked with throughout the years.

I leave the Madden NFL 12 development team with confidence that it is in great hands. The feature set is something our core fans are really going to appreciate. From the improvements to core gameplay, to the additions to modes like franchise and superstar, and the innovative tech being used to overhaul presentation…Madden NFL 12 will be the best we’ve created yet. I’m amazed at how great it looks and how well it plays at this stage of development, with several months left to tune and polish.

Last, but certainly not least, I wanted to say “thank you” to our loyal and passionate fans. Without you, the Madden franchise would not be what it is today. I’ve always appreciated your feedback and unprecedented passion. Know that the team is now built to deliver the football experience that you all truly deserve. The team is set up only to succeed with the new expansion of the core football gameplay team, continued focus on web and online content, creating deeper career modes, and building games several years in advance. There is no doubt in my mind we will be seeing some revolutionary things from the Madden franchise in the future and I am happy to have played a role in helping steer the ship.

It's been a true pleasure. Time for the next challenge of my career.
I'm sure there are plenty that'll find some way to neg this, but I don't think it's all doom and gloom, and while I was perplexed at some of the creative decisions made, I do believe that Ian had things moving in the right direction.

Good luck, homie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
"

The one thing Ian did mention in the blog that I like was that with the Technology they have they have redone presentation. So that sounds like a good thing. Now more then ever I can't wait to read the Presentation blog on the 28th of this month.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »