Home

Ian Cummings Fairwell Tweet

This is a discussion on Ian Cummings Fairwell Tweet within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2011, 03:19 AM   #57
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Ian Cummings Fairwell Tweet

Madden is not perfect but it is not even close to terrible. Some people will hate this game no matter how good it is just because it is an EA game. There are a lot of people on here that will never be happy no matter what unless it was called 2k?? The point is EA does not make perfect games (actually nobody does) but they make some of the most fun games out there in my opinion.

Just because you might not like the game does not mean that everybody does not like it. OS is a group of very demanding but dedicated sports gamers. Look at the sales numbers for Madden. A lot of other games could sell half that much and consider themselves to of had a very successful game.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:36 AM   #58
All Star

OVR: 33

ea makes perfect games.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #59
Rookie

dizturbdazhole's Arena

OVR: 0

Good Riddance! Now can Peter Moore step down?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:13 AM   #60
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but if ya'll think Ian left because you guys were mean to him, you're giving yourselves way too much credit:P
This made me smile. Kind of funny how Ian and Co. were constantly bashed but now that he's leaving 'its all good'. This forum has some bi-polar posters.

Personally, I think Madden was great. Huge improvement from '08-'09. '09 wasn't perfect but then we were hit with '10, which was an improvement over '09 and '11 trumps '10. The proof is in the pudding that his staff didn't regress but progressed the Madden franchise.

Big loss for EA Sports. Hopefully whatever dude does from now on is less stressful than dealing with 'kids' who bash every little move he makes. Now that I think about it, Ian was like the president.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglip
You wouldn't know why he did leave would you? I'd be interested to know.
Why does anyone want to leave their current job? Better pay, less stress of putting out a yearly game, less hours, chance to be a big fish in a small pond vs small fish in a large pond, etc.....

I really don't think their is any National Enquire story here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 11

Now, if EA would only learn the path to success is surrounding yourself with talented, hard working people with creative minds, and get the hell outa' their way and let them do their thing.

Micro-managing talented people and laying out their vision for them are sure-fire failure.

Maybe I am wrong, but this is the way I envision EA operating these days...the "suits" as we all call 'em (including the marketing teams) steer the ship more than anyone within the crativity teams do...it's a shame, really.

EA is playing not to lose rather than playing to win as it pertains to Madden, IMO.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #63
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

The one thing I respect about Ian was the community out-reach aspect. However, quite of bit of it fell on deaf ears. Knowing how EA works, I don't blame him completely for that. With that said, I hope there will be enough of a shakeup there to redirect the game. I've been violently unsatisfied with Madden since it's been on the current gen consoles and Ian has to take most of the responsibility for that. However, as a person, I wish him the very best.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #64
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Why does anyone want to leave their current job? Better pay, less stress of putting out a yearly game, less hours, chance to be a big fish in a small pond vs small fish in a large pond, etc.....

I really don't think their is any National Enquire story here.
Don't be too sure of that. Not saying there is, but something is happening down there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »