Home

Comeback AI is the worst thing in video games

This is a discussion on Comeback AI is the worst thing in video games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2003, 11:22 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Comeback AI is the worst thing in video games

Haven't notice it at all this year. I don't think I've ever fumbled in the 4th quarter, and most of the time with a lead I hold on. But I have seen it in other years so I don't know.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:36 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

People who believe that there is no comeback AI need to play Madden and then play NCAA 2004 to see the difference, or even ESPN Football. The AI will try to comeback, but it won't feel like cheating as it does in MAdden.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:52 AM   #19
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

muzion said:
People who believe that there is no comeback AI need to play Madden and then play NCAA 2004 to see the difference, or even ESPN Football. The AI will try to comeback, but it won't feel like cheating as it does in MAdden.

I swear. If you lose a game in Madden and you feel like some unknown force caused you to lose, then its the comeback AI. I dont feel like that in NCAA. Some loses feel so cheap and it feels like they screwed you in some way, shape or form. On the flipside, some wins feel like that to.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:00 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 17

Let's all take a step back and define something. From what I've read, the term "comeback AI" seems inappropriate. Comebacks happen from time to time, and even in a game when the cpu is down, it'll try different things in the 4th quarter to get some quick strikes.

it seems like most ppl who think there is a "comeback AI" is really saying that there is a "4th quarter cheating bastard cpu AI". from my experience, i've had the cpu come back on me through some crazy circumstances, but i've also come back on them, and have also held slim leads in the 4th quarter. i for one, don't think there is a 4th quarter cheating bastard cpu AI.

you can see what i mean... i've written out each game summary in my dynasty forum here @ OS .
Old 08-25-2003, 12:32 PM   #21
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5

There is no comeback al. I repeat. There is no comeback al. Whether its real life or on a game system there is a thing called. Making a run. When a team makes a run at you. You have to figure out a way to stop it. Change your defence. Dont run the same ole offensive plays. Switch things up. This may sound funny. But you have to make the cpu think. People don't be afraid to punt the ball when you are deep in your own territory. Going for it on 4th and 15 in the 1st half may work but it wont work in the second half. Be smart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2003, 12:46 PM   #22
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:

Catman24 said:
There is no comeback al. I repeat. There is no comeback al. Whether its real life or on a game system there is a thing called. Making a run. When a team makes a run at you. You have to figure out a way to stop it. Change your defence. Dont run the same ole offensive plays. Switch things up. This may sound funny. But you have to make the cpu think. People don't be afraid to punt the ball when you are deep in your own territory. Going for it on 4th and 15 in the 1st half may work but it wont work in the second half. Be smart.

Yada, yada. Once again another person just believes its our defensive playcalling responsible for the unknown.

Pretty much all whom have said there is a AI comeback logic said that its Offensive and defensive, human and cpu. So that "pick the right defense" comment is stale and useless.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:03 PM   #23
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Graphik I am glad you just said that about it being human and cpu making big comebacks. I had a game in 2 quarter where I jumped out on the CPU tey conversely ran off 17 consecutive points. the score was 24 to 14 at half. I changed my Defensive playcalling and shut down the CPU and scored 17 str8. By midway through the 4th I had the feeling the CPU was gonna come on strong again and they did scoirng 14 points ( I play with the Saints so my Defense sucks.) I felt upset cause I thought I had figured out the CPU and was gonna shut them down. I was now down 38-31 and I fumbled the gosh darn kick off and I am like game over. They set up at my 45 and go back to pass and I sack them. Then a run play where they got a good gain and they thrwo a slant on 3rd down and I stop them 4th and INs they kick a FG and or leading 41-31. I get the ball move down the field kust as I am getting the drive started in their territory I throw a pick The CPU seems like they have sustained the comebcak and I will be taking a lost. But I stop them 3 and out they punt and Michael Lewis runs the punt back for a TD. I kick off they comeo out throwing again and I pick it off on first down and run it to the ten to plays later I score I win 45-41. I never let the CPU make a run with out making a answer for it. I am not saying the CPU doesn't get a tought when it is down but U have to do what it takes to win or Lose.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:27 PM   #24
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Respondendo a:

rubisco43 said:

it seems like most ppl who think there is a "comeback AI" is really saying that there is a "4th quarter cheating bastard cpu AI". from my experience, i've had the cpu come back on me through some crazy circumstances, but i've also come back on them.

Correct, comeback AI does not just assist the CPU. A user can benefit from it as well. Infact the game that finally turned me off to the series was a ridicuous comeback that I had in 2003 against the computer. Maybe there was no AI assisting me, but it sure felt suspicious and cheesey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »