Home

2 BIG IMPORTANT PC ISSUES [Please Help!!!!]

This is a discussion on 2 BIG IMPORTANT PC ISSUES [Please Help!!!!] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2003, 08:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
2 BIG IMPORTANT PC ISSUES [Please Help!!!!]

Issue #1 why is it when I use my dual shock 2 controller I try to change the button configuration and I can't. When I want to set the buttons say for instance button 3(x) I want that button to be the button that my speed burst is just like on my PS2 but on th PC it does not change tha button assignments just the order they are listsed in and that really sucks. With a Gravis pad I tried the buttons are the exact same way they are for the PS2 so why won't this stupid thing let me set the PS2 controller the way I feel confortable with. Can anybody help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Issue #2 I have a PIII 733MHZ with 768MB of RAM and a RADEON 9600 with 128MB DDR and with this game set to the lowest level possible I get the same slow down that with everything set to the highest level. I don't know how to see how many FPS I am getting but I know with this Hardware I should no be losing frames on the lowest settings so there must be something that I am doing wrong. Please someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 2 BIG IMPORTANT PC ISSUES [Please Help!!!!]

Madden is a system hog dude

I have a 9800 Pro All In Wonder
2.53ghz, and I can't max out all the options on 1024x768

Old 08-24-2003, 10:28 PM   #3
Rookie

but do you have choppy gameplay or is it just me(if it is any setting suggestions)and what about the controller issue
Old 08-25-2003, 03:16 AM   #4
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Yes, the graphics are a huge issue for me, but I've messed around w/ it and detracted a lot to make it playable. It runs pretty smooth now, but the thing is, it shouldnt HAVE to be tweaked. I dont know, whatever.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:03 AM   #5
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

For issue #2, I would recommend upgrading your processor. Anything lower than 1 Ghz can't handle most modern games at a smooth frame rate. If you have Radeon 9600 and are experiencing frame problems even at lower detail settings, it somewhat clues you in that the problem may not be the graphics card, huh? I have GeForce 4 Ti4200 and P4 1.6 at highest setting and I'm smooth as butter. I'm guessing Madden's AI takes up a huge chunk of the throughput. Thats why I kept telling my former classmates that game consoles should come with an AI daughterboard (though I do hear its in R&D at my alma mater )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2003, 05:30 AM   #6
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I have a Raedon 8500, 2.4ghz P4 w/ an 800fsb, and 512 ram, and it didnt run smooth at ALL when I put it in, messed around w/ settings, got worse, got better....finally we had to sacrifice a lot (refs, player shadows, etc) to get it to be smooth. Now its like 95% smooth.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:01 AM   #7
Rookie

Any suggestions for the controller issue because I had the same problem with 2003 and I thought that it would be fixed this year. Why the hell would anybody want to reassign a particular button only to have that button still correspond with its original function
Old 08-25-2003, 11:14 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 17

when you pick your controller for the game, make sure the profile you used to reconfigure your button is the same profile you use during the game. a common mistake is to change the controller config under "default" profile and play the game using a different profile.

in case that was confusing.. make a profile and name it "game" (or whatever you want to call it). make sure that's the profile loaded, and then reconfigure your controller. when you start a game, pick your controller, and use that "game" profile. your adjusted controller config should work. if you start the game under "default" profile, all the reconfigured buttons are set back to default.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »