Home

Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete Finals: Peyton Hillis vs. Michael Vick

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete Finals: Peyton Hillis vs. Michael Vick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #33
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 12 Cover Finals: Peyton Hillis vs Michael Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Color me shocked that Rodgers didn't make it to the finals. As has been noted, that's proof enough that there's no fix.

I like the unpredictability, though.

Bet EA marketing won't be doing this again.
For whatever reason, fans don't seem to like Rodgers. He was snubbed at the pro bowl, and 2 months after he won Super Bowl MVP, I see people talking like they are sick of seeing him already as if he was Drew Brees or something.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #34
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6

Why would you even put a player that's been on the cover before again on the cover?

That aside, it's cool that Hillis has attracted a nice fanbase. But if he tears his ACL in the season opener, there will be hell to pay. The last thing the Browns need is yet another curse to throw in with the rest.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #35
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Is it really that serious?...........
I don't really know how to answer this question. I guess my response is: It obviously isn't to you, so why do you care if it is that serious or not.

I never wrote that post like I was pounding the table or giving some major speech. More just trying to talk to sense into some conspiracy people.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #36
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
I won't buy this game if Vick is on the cover, but if Hillis is, then I will give Madden a purchase. Vick has had his chance.
I dislike Vick as much as the next guy but, I wouldn't go this far. I just hope that EA and the NFL have a plan for the backlash in case Vick decides to go Ron Mexico again or starts frequenting night clubs that shootings occur at. Because they're putting themselves in a situation where the could potentially end up with a lot of egg on their face.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #37
Rookie

Eliminate's Arena

OVR: 0

I wasn't expecting this final.

Ya know, Vick has killed dogs and payed jail time for it. (And yes, he was already on a Madden cover before). But he seems like a better person because of everything that happened. I support letting someone have second chances, even if they did do something as evil as that. I'm pulling for Vick in this one.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #38
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Are you telling me you don't think that EA couldn't develop an ad campaign around every player in the field?

EA is a multi million dollar business that has to basically market itself through ads. I'm pretty sure they had an ad campaign for every player in the field. Heck, I'd be pretty surprised if they hadn't shot all of the ads for each player, just to be safe.
Man, don't be so naive. You're right, EA is a multi-million dollar business. So you'd think they'd waste their prestigious Madden cover on Seattle's 12th man? You think they'd run around Seattle grabbing random fans to send to Jay Leno to market the game? Please.

In football, like anything else, some people are more marketable than others. Whether it be appearance, notoriety, the ability to communicate, whatever. Let's say they did put together a campaign for the 32 representatives. Do you think all of those campaigns will be equally effective? Absolutely not. So let's say they ranked them -- you think the 28th most effective marketing campaign had a shot to win it?

For the record, I enjoy the cover vote. It gives us something to talk about each week, and it's FUN. But if you think this thing wasn't manipulated at all to set up desired results...including the initial matchups.

Quote:
One more thing for the conspirators to consider:

Why the hell would they want either:

A) A convicted felon

or

B) A guy playing in Cleveland

on their front cover?
There's an interesting marketing backdrop for both of them. An easy one for Vick, outside of him playing out of his mind last year, would be his redemption story and somehow relating that to Madden...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Is it really that serious?...........
Exactly! It's not like I'm pushing my belief off on anybody else...just gave my opinion.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #39
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I never wrote that post like I was pounding the table or giving some major speech. More just trying to talk to sense into some conspiracy people.
Just b/c you don't agree with me doesn't mean I don't have sense bro. Could very well be quite the opposite...
Old 04-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #40
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Just b/c you don't agree with me doesn't mean I don't have sense bro. Could very well be quite the opposite...
Fine, whatever you choose to believe is fine by me. I still have not seen a good reason why they rigged a vote for the fans to decide on the cover athlete, though.

Why go through all that trouble when they could just name a cover athlete again without voting?

Urban Meyer is lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »