Home

Problems and Solutions

This is a discussion on Problems and Solutions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Problems and Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
First... I'd prefer to avoid classifying a tactic as cheese/sim/non-sim/ea's blunder. I'd rather talk about how I'd address it tactically. Some people may call it a work-around, but I call it playing the game as it is. Where Madden developers haven't been able add the "SIM" I simply provide my own.

I always look for Calvin Johnson when playing the Lions. If he's at the TE spot, I defend with Nickel so I never get him lined up against a linebacker. I'd also package my best corner to the Nickelback position and flip the play so he's always on the TE side. If CJ goes in motion, flip the play again so the DB moves with him. The goal is to provide personnel that can actually cover while giving my opponent the knowledge that I'm looking for CJ while looking like I'm in man coverage. Typically this force several delay of game penalties, because folks aren't sure how I'm covering it.

Also, if I need to audible to a base package, I can still have a DB on the TE which extends my audible options.

The beauty of Madden is that you can ask this exact situation (without the characterization part) to 10 Madden players and get 10 different answers about how they adjust to this.

Unfortunately, one of the 10 might just say they wouldn't adjust because it's cheese, not football, etc. Tactically, for me that's an unacceptable answer. We don't have to approve of a strategy to devise a plan for it. In my experience, liking my opponent's strategies never helped me counter them.

Later
See there's the point people are trying to make. YOU PLAY MADDEN BALL, not football, and yeah, there is a big difference.

Choosing to NOT call glitches/exploits/cheese/bad ai/etc. what they are, and simply saying you find ways to either overlook or work around them does NOT negate their existence.

We get it, you adore and love Madden, which is cool.

However, your statements that those of us who feel differently either 1) lack real football knowledge or 2) simply suck at the game, well, that is just laughable, IMHO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
See there's the point people are trying to make. YOU PLAY MADDEN BALL, not football, and yeah, there is a big difference.

Choosing to NOT call glitches/exploits/cheese/bad ai/etc. what they are, and simply saying you find ways to either overlook or work around them does NOT negate their existence.

We get it, you adore and love Madden, which is cool.

However, your statements that those of us who feel differently either 1) lack real football knowledge or 2) simply suck at the game, well, that is just laughable, IMHO.
I dont see how you could relate anything he said to madden ball.....it is just pure football strategies....If CJ was at TE (and yes there are ways to get him there without cheese tactics) if you plan on playing man you better get a CB over him instead of a LB....If he goes in kotion you flip the play to not be out flanked.....it is pure football stategy

"Choosing to NOT call glitches/exploits/cheese/bad ai/etc. what they are, and simply saying you find ways to either overlook or work around them does NOT negate their existence.
"

The thing is that very few things actually qualify as the above mentioned things and people act as if they run ramped....And the thing is that people just classify things that are hard fore them to handle as glitches/exploits etc. and overlook them as if their opp is cheating and that is not the case a good amount of the time. And said people dont try to work around them to cage said tactic and they just get eaten alive. All the while spreading the word of the "glitch" witch really wasnt a glitch/exploit to begin with which just complicates the situation and only makes it okay for said thinking.

if any1 thinks that football tactics and "madden/ncaa" ball are really diff i can and will prove them wrong..... If it is ok for me to post youtube videos.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
I don't see how anyone can compare the playing of real football with the playing of Madden with a straight face... Seriously, if I've said it once, I've said it amillion times. If you're playing Madden you're NOT playing football, you're playing an electronic representation of football.

Madden on a game controller is real football in the same sense that oragami allows you to fold paper to make real birds. I think we all agree on this issue.

Newsflash: In case you missed it - MADDEN ISN'T REAL.

Quote:
Let's rest the rhetoric and not use the meaningless double-speak words like cheese and exploit...

Everyone knows that if you an NFL team met a team with a glaring deficiency, they would exploit that weakness. They might even do it in a way that seemed cheesy. Arian Foster ran all over the Colts in week 1. 33 carries for 231 yards. Most came off the same play. In Madden it would have been called a cheesy exploit. In real life it's called Player of the Week.

Quote:
Over the course of my stint at OS, I think I've supplied far more reasons that people feel differently than the 2 you suggest.

Some of the people who feel differently lack the football knowledge. Some lack the knowledge of how to apply their football knowledge to Madden. Some lack the drive to gain the knowledge. Some lack the drive to apply what they know. Some possess the knowledge of strategy and application, but would rather play a game that isn't named Madden. Some want the CPU to make all the adjustments for them automatically. Some people just SUCK... There's probably thousands of people that don't fit into any of these categories who also feel differently.

I'm a solution minded player... Since I'm going to play Madden, I'm going to simulate NFL style play. PERIOD. I'm going to adjust not only to my opponent's overall strategy, but also to his execution of that strategy.

I'm sure in real life I could just yell instructions to my players, but I can't do that in Madden. Some might stop there and say "That's not football," but I'm a solution minded player. Instead of yelling at my CB to cover the flats, EA has provided a method to communicate that information to my players...

If it's MaddenBall to use input device to communicate instructions - so be it. It sure beats yelling at the dang screen.

Later
Old 04-20-2011, 12:20 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 0

Man, we get who the people are that get upset cuz they lose a game and blame cheat/glitch every time. Those guys are isolated and most people can see them coming a mile away. The issue at hand are the sites that promote this type of gameplay and it spreads like wildfire thru the online community real fast.

I dont just go out on a limb and call someone or something they did as glitchy, there is a site (like an app) for that. When I go to this site like WF and TNT, thats when I know for a fact that I have been glitched or the game exploited against me.

I love how you guys hate to label things the way they are and at the sametime be a part of those sites I mentioned above.

But I have a real test for you guys, I dunno how long this thread will be around but I can almost guarantee you the guys at thegamerslab.com will have the game before any of us and have exploits known and tested ready for the general publics online onslaught. WF knows this first hand and even some of the devs know these guys and have contact with them.

When this happens, I dont wanna hear no more about the names we give glitches or describe a unreal like situation with this game. If anyone wants, they can visit the site now and see for themselves already. TNT is just sugar coating the fact that he plays madden ball as its very difficult to go into a game knowing you wont get cheated or whatnot.

Level the playing field and get rid of these exploits and I guarantee you most people cant hang with SIM ballers.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Man, we get who the people are that get upset cuz they lose a game and blame cheat/glitch every time. Those guys are isolated and most people can see them coming a mile away. The issue at hand are the sites that promote this type of gameplay and it spreads like wildfire thru the online community real fast.

I dont just go out on a limb and call someone or something they did as glitchy, there is a site (like an app) for that. When I go to this site like WF and TNT, thats when I know for a fact that I have been glitched or the game exploited against me.

I love how you guys hate to label things the way they are and at the sametime be a part of those sites I mentioned above.

But I have a real test for you guys, I dunno how long this thread will be around but I can almost guarantee you the guys at thegamerslab.com will have the game before any of us and have exploits known and tested ready for the general publics online onslaught. WF knows this first hand and even some of the devs know these guys and have contact with them.

When this happens, I dont wanna hear no more about the names we give glitches or describe a unreal like situation with this game. If anyone wants, they can visit the site now and see for themselves already. TNT is just sugar coating the fact that he plays madden ball as its very difficult to go into a game knowing you wont get cheated or whatnot.

Level the playing field and get rid of these exploits and I guarantee you most people cant hang with SIM ballers.

okay my question to you is for madden 11 could you name all of the exploits and when they came out off of the top of your head?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

and honestly if you get rid of all of the expliots yes the sim crowd would be able to hang with most of the community. But IMO the sim crowd would not be able to hang with the "freestyle" crowd who actually know what they are doing.....reason being, is because said crowd adapt with whatever they are given and they log countless hours to master the game. And from my time around sim communities the majority of sim players dont adapt well. Sure there is a percentage who could hand and beat the good freestyle players but it isnt a big one

Last edited by WFColonel56; 04-20-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #70
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
okay my question to you is for madden 11 could you name all of the exploits and when they came out off of the top of your head?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

and honestly if you get rid of all of the expliots yes the sim crowd would be able to hang with most of the community. But IMO the sim crowd would not be able to hang with the "freestyle" crowd who actually know what they are doing.....reason being, is because said crowd adapt with whatever they are given and they log countless hours to master the game. And from my time around sim communities the majority of sim players dont adapt well. Sure there is a percentage who could hand and beat the good freestyle players but it isnt a big one
That can be said for both styles. Many of the guys using exploits only use 1 or 2. When you stop their 1 or 2 plays, they can't adapt either and just quit the game.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 28

It seems to me that there is a camp out there to which all that matters is the end result. Did I win? Did my method work? For many of us, simulating the real NFL is what's most important. It seems to me that some folks would call FG block 10 times in the game if they knew it would stop their opponent. If the end goal is simply to always win no matter what then I don't see the real football in that, nor the joys of playing a game that is supposed to simulate my favorite sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 01:30 AM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
That can be said for both styles. Many of the guys using exploits only use 1 or 2. When you stop their 1 or 2 plays, they can't adapt either and just quit the game.
that is true for the freestyle guys who truly dont know what they are doing. The guys who understand what is going on adjust well to any offense or defense that they see.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »