Home

Consecutive hit/branching tackles this year or next year?

This is a discussion on Consecutive hit/branching tackles this year or next year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Consecutive hit/branching tackles this year or next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Chase didn't say there isn't consecutive hit tackles, he said there in. He played only a half and said the only time he saw them were on kickoffs.

There is video proof in this thread they are in.

No need to send people panicking.
I will have to look again, but what I read was there was a lot of tumbleweed tackiling, ut the worst of it was kickoffs. I will reread it and post his statments here if I am correct. If not, I apologize.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #58
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I just read NCAA 12 will not have consecutive hit tackles this year. Chase reported in his article (and also in the comment section) players still tumbleweed over.

Not sure what this means for Madden, but I don't think this is a good sign.
Here's the excerpt from the review:

Quote:
At the same time, gang tackling should also affected by this tweak to momentum. If your defender is engaged with the ball carrier, another player should now be able to come in from any angle at full speed and nail that ball carrier in a new direction.
And here is Chase's response to roadman's question in the comments section about consecutive hit tackles.

Quote:
roadman
Consecutive hit tackles are sort of what you alluded to in the article. The expression bowling pin tackles has also been used. It's when one tackler wraps you up and other tacklers in the same area fall over like tumbleweed.
Quote:
ChaseB
Right, that's what I thought, I perhaps should have just used different jargon. Anyway, yeah, I didn't see many of those wild scrum sequences where guys are just falling all over. I'd say it was most noticeable on kick returns where there were a couple times where guys got blown up without it turning into a mess. I feel like what maybe happened once or twice was an extra guy would get there and have no reason to get involved so he'd just sort of stand around. I'm sure what ideally would happen is he at least pushes on the pile etc. rather than just staring, but it certainly looks better than the SNIPER ON THE GRASSY KNOLL! stuff.

And, again, it's not perfect either. They're still tuning it, and there was at least one instance where one player slightly sucked into another for a tackle attempt.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #59
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

The tackling looks better for the most part. I still see a lot of scratch your head results based on the factors leading up to tackles, but a COUPLE of them looked good.

Glad to hear that they at least are attempting to address suction. That's a major step forward. Whether they actually deliver on that is another matter entirely.

Other thoughts from the video. The lighting in NCAA is so much better than Madden it's criminal. What are they thinking at Tiburon?

The locomotion, and general movement is still quite poor. Still one of my biggest issues with the game, and there has been absolutely no improvement there, so that's very disappointing.

In the remixed video, the dive catches looked a lot better, but I would bet dollars to donuts that they trigger at horrible times and become frustrating.

Lastly, can someone get these player models a burger and fries lol?

Still skinny after all these years,
WHOOOOAAAAA,
Still skinny, after all these years.

Last edited by Only1LT; 04-22-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #60
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I will have to look again, but what I read was there was a lot of tumbleweed tackiling, ut the worst of it was kickoffs. I will reread it and post his statments here if I am correct. If not, I apologize.
Yeah, you missed the mark. EA made an entire video on it.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #61
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Yes, it's nice to have consecutive tackling, would be awesome for bigger backs to push the pile as well. Oh how i miss the old days of the jar hitting and helmets flying off!!!!!

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #62
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

just played a game of NHL 11 demo. the physic in the game is spectacular. The players had so much weight and momentum. The collision were all physic base. Why can't madden use this

Old 05-15-2011, 05:08 AM   #63
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
just played a game of NHL 11 demo. the physic in the game is spectacular. The players had so much weight and momentum. The collision were all physic base. Why can't madden use this

Those guys at Tiburon have to plan way ahead if they want to introduce real-time physics. Look at NBA Elite they just threw it into a completely overhauled engine... it takes a building process. Also, I'm 90% sure real-time physics will come along once the Xbox 720 or whatever it'd be called comes out because it just not going to happen with those 10 GB DVD discs... even though we have seen it in BB we have to remember BB isn't packed with content like Madden is.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:13 AM   #64
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322

The collisions in Madden are physics based.... one of the producers even said this.

Both nhl and madden used mocapped animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »