Home

Consecutive hit/branching tackles this year or next year?

This is a discussion on Consecutive hit/branching tackles this year or next year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4
Consecutive hit/branching tackles this year or next year?

Keeping in mind NCAA introduced locomotion (momentum based movements and speed) and Madden had it as well and adembroski kind of confirmed that momentum based tackling is in this year for NCAA which means it'll be in Madden too.

Is it safe to say we'll be getting what we've been craving for... I don't know since they REMOVED it after Madden 08 for reasons unknown?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Consecutive hit/branching tackles this year or next year?

It's not safe to say or assume anything until they announce it.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

lets hope so. They took out pro-tak after a year. Hopefully they improved upon it.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsReality
Keeping in mind NCAA introduced locomotion (momentum based movements and speed) and Madden had it as well and adembroski kind of confirmed that momentum based tackling is in this year for NCAA which means it'll be in Madden too.

Is it safe to say we'll be getting what we've been craving for... I don't know since they REMOVED it after Madden 08 for reasons unknown?
It's confirmed for NCAA 12... well it's in the product description.

Enhanced Tackling Engine - Your college gameday experience rises to a whole new level with an all-new momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact.

So, it wouldn't seem like such a huge leap if a new and improved collision system that included consecutive hits is implemented, but like mestevo said, don't assume anything about until it's announced and, even then, take a wait and see approach until it's in your tray. I remember last year how it was announced that there would be all these new presentation elements with thousands of new commentator lines that would spot team matchups, history, and different players. Alas, all we wound up with was the intro focusing on the QB matchup.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm guessing Madden will get the improvement. From the NCAA sizzle trailer, every tackle was a one man style. They didn't show any tackles where players added on or altered the direction the ball carrier fell in any way. With EA, I'm a gotta see it to believe it guy these days, and I haven't seen it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 34

Can we just call it gang tackling please?

The phrase Consecutive Hit/Double Hit Tackles..gives me a headache.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsReality

I'm curious to learn more and see it. I'm not expecting something to knock my socks off. But hopefully what's implemented allows guys to seamlessly add on to the tackle, and also contribute to more visually appealing animations.

I think a trend we're starting to see with EA's football games is ripping out old code, and building brand new pieces in its place. I think that with M10, although they stuffed a lot features/fixes into that game, they tried to create a sim game within the framework of what was already there. I think that they realized (as did the fans) that building on top isn't going to exactly cut it. So it seems to achieve the desired results, they're having to destroy & rebuild certain parts of the gameplay, one piece at a time.

We saw the re-write to run blocking last year, which I thought was relatively good. From conversations had at CD last year, I know they'd like to take a similar approach to pass blocking. The question with that would be when (hopefully with M12).

And if this presumably new momentum tech takes the place of Pro-Tak, I think this will be more evidence that perhaps the shortcuts (for lack of better word) of M10 are giving way to new code built from the ground up.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Can we just call it gang tackling please?

The phrase Consecutive Hit/Double Hit Tackles..gives me a headache.
Madden, and NCAA, already have gang-tackling. It's called pro-tak, but as you know, when it's not a pro-tak moment it's a bowling pin moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »