Home

25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #21: Sugar Fire Zone

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #21: Sugar Fire Zone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #21: Sugar Fire Zone

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in Madden NFL 12.

To be clear, there are more than 25 new plays in the game. Each day, a new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to Madden NFL 12.

Play #21 features the Sugar Fire Zone.

Quote:
Sub 2-3-6 Even Sugar Fire Zone – Sub 2-3-6 Even Sugar Fire Zone like the Sugar Blitz play, calls for the middle linebacker and strong safety to align in their respective A gap to show blitz. Once the ball is snapped the strong safety blitzes while the middle linebacker drops into zone. The coverage on the back end of the blitz is a three under, three deep pattern read zone.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 04-21-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Now if only we were allowed to choose our own pre snap looks such as this Double A Gap pressure look, it would take defense to a whole new level.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #21: Sugar Fire Zone

^
Listen to this man.

It's time to go deeper than just show blitz.

Also, the idea that LBzrule had for shells would add a layer of strategy.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Now if only we were allowed to choose our own pre snap looks such as this Double A Gap pressure look, it would take defense to a whole new level.
sorry if I sound like a nube but what do you mean by pre snap look?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan52
sorry if I sound like a nube but what do you mean by pre snap look?

In this particular play and a select other few plays from the same formation, the MLB and SS are going to align right up on the center rather than aligning in their normal positions. This "look" will happen for just these few select plays.

I would like the option to create this "look" for any play rather than just a few.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

^^^ o ok I get it thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
In this particular play and a select other few plays from the same formation, the MLB and SS are going to align right up on the center rather than aligning in their normal positions. This "look" will happen for just these few select plays.

I would like the option to create this "look" for any play rather than just a few.
How they could do it is if you come out in this play and just audible to base cover 3, cover 2 or what have you in the formation audibles, just have it so the guys will not move from the original play you call. So let's say you come out in this blitz, then use your formation audibles to move to base cover 3. They should just have it so the guys don't move. And then if you add more plays to the 5 audibles have it the same way. So let's say there is a nickel corner blitz in this set. You come out in this play so you get this look. You set the nickel corner blitz in as one of your five audibles. You audible to the nickel corner blitz. Have the MLB and SS stay lined up in the A gap until the pre-snap movement should take place. It's not a great solution but a shortcut until they can come up with something else. I dunno...
Old 04-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

^^

They need to do the same for offense too. Let's say I send the flanker lined up to the right in motion to the left side of the formation so now he is in the slot. I want to use the formation audible. Rather than him running back to the other side when I use the audible he should just stay there and his route should flip so it compliments the play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »