Home

Do you think you could win a SB choosing only one play?

This is a discussion on Do you think you could win a SB choosing only one play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you think you could win a SB choosing only one play?
Yes I'd win the Superbowl 44 69.84%
I'd have a winning record but wouldn't win it all 9 14.29%
No, I'd have a losing record 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #25
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Do you think you could win a SB choosing only one play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I don't know about NCAA(what level because I don't hardly see anyone using heisman on the slider page?) but I know you would get absolutely destroyed using my sliders with 1 play on Madden. You have a hard enough time trying to beat them straight up. If your talking about about all-pro then that is possible. All-madden doesn't make the CPU faster it makes them play smarter and actually makes the USER have to use skill and strategy to win games. Unless your talking about using some kind of bug or glitch play I can't see this working on all-madden and you would definitely get shredded trying to use that one defensive play..
How does adjusting sliders address the computer's playcalling? Thats an honest question because I don't make slider sets.

I'm not talking about using a bug or glitch, I'm talking about finding a play that has a high success rate then running it over and over. Unless the computer started adjusting it's playcalling specifically to stop that play they'd be in trouble. Four verts is a good example of this on NCAA, put the sliders wherever you want someone will be open often enough to move the ball.

Last edited by poopoop; 04-22-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
How does adjusting sliders address the computer's playcalling? Thats an honest question because I don't make slider sets.

I'm not talking about using a bug or glitch, I'm talking about finding a play that has a high success rate then running it over and over. Unless the computer started adjusting it's playcalling specifically to stop that play they'd be in trouble. Four verts is a good example of this on NCAA, put the sliders wherever you want someone will be open often enough to move the ball.

Trust me sliders help CPU adjust to alot of things. They way I have mine set up its harder to pass because I have the CPUs pass reaction at and pass rush at 100 along with having my USER accuracy at 5 in which you have to be able to throw the ball with directional throwing and precision passing and my USER pass blocking at 0 to make it to where I have to make quick decisions with the ball. I have the CPU rush reaction at 100 with makes it a little harder to return kickoffs. Trust me I'm a beast at Madden too and I had to make the CPU difficult just to have fun with the game myself because I was blasting the CPU too on default all-madden. I put alot of work into these sliders to get them right. Messing with the Sliders this year was the best thing I ever did. Other years I use to just mess with the CPU sliders but after a while that would become easy still. Once I decided to adjust the Human slider that made a huge difference in how the CPU played me. 4 verticals was get shut down most of the time with how I have my slider set up. Trust me try mine out.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 04-22-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #27
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Is this all-pro your talking about online? Even if your talking about all-madden thats why you have to adjust the sliders to make the CPU harder and adjust the USER sliders to make it harder for yourself to score like I did. I also want you to try out my black sliders in my signature.. When I jumped on this site I noticed alot of guys was blasting the CPU on all-pro or all-pro sliders talking about the CPU is too easy. Even default all-madden becomes a little too easy once your game improves. But I definitely like for you to try my sliders.
no it is online franchise leagues i refer to, so there is no ability to adjust sliders. we play on all-madden but it doesn't really seem to matter. a CPU game is essentially a free win, which is why we try to sub players in who want an actual challenge rather than going through the pain of super simming or playing the CPU.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
no it is online franchise leagues i refer to, so there is no ability to adjust sliders. we play on all-madden but it doesn't really seem to matter. a CPU game is essentially a free win, which is why we try to sub players in who want an actual challenge rather than going through the pain of super simming or playing the CPU.

Yea default All-madden is kind of easy. Still hard for me to believe someone can still go undefeated or win a superbowl using one play on that level but maybe. But yea if you say you don't have fun playing offline against the CPU on offline franchise because you destroy them on default all-madden give my sliders a shot. I guarantee you will get a great challenge from them.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #29
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

If I play with Brady and Welker and run Y Iso Cross out of their 5WR Patriot formation (out of the Shotgun). I probably could do it with no hot routes and just throwing it to Welker on the crossing route (slant).
Old 04-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #30
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Yea default All-madden is kind of easy. Still hard for me to believe someone can still go undefeated or win a superbowl using one play on that level but maybe. But yea if you say you don't have fun playing offline against the CPU on offline franchise because you destroy them on default all-madden give my sliders a shot. I guarantee you will get a great challenge from them.
It's not really about how tough the computer is, especially in Madden where difficulty means the computer players get their attributes boosted. It's about play recognition and the computer's playcalling. I'm sure you sliders do make the game challenging but I don't believe it's because they make the computer start adapting to your play call tendecies.

In the end you're going against the cpu's static playcalling strategy, so you just need to develop a counter strategy that exploits it. I think it can be done using a single play. My whole point is the computer always chooses 'rock' so we should always choose 'paper'. No need to even worry about choosing rock or scissors.

I remember when gameflow came out EA said people were not mixing up their playcalling:

Quote:
EA also learned that, despite having access to playbooks 300-plus plays strong, the average Madden user only tries about 13 different plays in a game
I don't see why it's so tough to believe you could go from 13 plays to just one play on offense/one play on D and a few special teams plays. There's going to be money plays no matter what sliders you use. You only need to average 3-4 yards a play to consistently move the chains, surely there are plays that will allow you to do this.

Last edited by poopoop; 04-22-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #31

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
Yes he's joking lol.
Actually he isn't.

I've never seen it but I've seen that exact thing posted enough times to know it's true...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
It's not really about how tough the computer is, especially in Madden where difficulty means the computer players get their attributes boosted. It's about play recognition and the computer's playcalling. I'm sure you sliders do make the game challenging but I don't believe it's because they make the computer start adapting to your play call tendecies.

In the end you're going against the cpu's static playcalling strategy, so you just need to develop a counter strategy that exploits it. I think it can be done using a single play.

I remember when gameflow came out EA said people were not mixing up their playcalling:

I don't see why it's so tough to believe you could go from 13 plays to just one play on offense/one play on D and a few special teams plays. There's going to be money plays no matter what sliders you use. You only need to average 3-4 yards a play to consistently move the chains, surely there are plays that will allow you to do this.

Trust me man. There's no way you can win a superbowl let along go undefeated with my sliders using one play. The CPUs pass reaction on 100 gives the a superboost in coverage and its not easy to pass. The CPUs accuracy on 100 along with the WR catching at 75 makes the CPU look for the open WR on most plays. You have to use strategy to beat them meaning you have to mix up your play calling to beat them along with the superboost they already get from being on all-madden and if your USER skills isn't up to par against the run you will get burnt. Thats what the sliders do for the CPU it makes them play smarter when you raise there sliders.

I have my sliders set to where the CPU won't cheat like they do on default All-madden with certain stuff but there super tough and challenging. One play will not get it done unless your using some kind of glitch or bug. On defense you have no chance using one play they will absolutely shred you. Go on my slider page and ask people how my sliders operate. Its no way. Give my sliders a try and see what I'm talking about.

Now default all-madden is alot easier then my sliders which kind of makes it possible about what your saying even though I believe it will still be tough to do.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 04-22-2011 at 09:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »