Home

Will gamers buy Madden 12 if Michael Vick is on the cover?

This is a discussion on Will gamers buy Madden 12 if Michael Vick is on the cover? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Will gamers buy Madden 12 if Michael Vick is on the cover?

I think EA will lose a few sales with Vick on the cover. Probably not enough to worry them, tho. I'd still bet he's not EA's player of choice especially because of the CBA situation. Not a great year to give people another reason to boycott Madden 12.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #10
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
This is not a debate over his previous actions but whether or not it would help or hinder EA in getting their Madden series back on track
Neither. To gamers, it's what's in the box, not who's on the box that will get them to buy and get the series back to where it needs to be.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 04-22-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Yea it is not a debate over his previous actions but whether or not it would help or hinder EA in getting their Madden series back on track.
I don't see it having too big of an effect on the sales. Like others have said I feel like a majority of Madden players would buy the game if Andre Agassi were on the cover as long as the game was still Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #12
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

My take is it may hinder them. EA may welcome the controversy to draw attention to their game. The question is how much of a hit did they take when they removed Tiger Woods from their cover? Sales went up drastically but it could have been because of Augusta.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Neither. To gamers, it's what's in the box, not who's on the box that will get them to buy and get the series back to where it needs to be.
And we have a winner.

Rules, just saying that whenever there is a thread on Vick at OS, it usually heads south.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #14
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I think EA will lose a few sales with Vick on the cover. Probably not enough to worry them, tho. I'd still bet he's not EA's player of choice especially because of the CBA situation. Not a great year to give people another reason to boycott Madden 12.
That's what I am thinking but Vick is in the final running against Hillis.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16
Plus, as was mentioned in the voting thread, Vick is still one of the most popular players in the league as evidenced by all his pro bowl votes. I think at least in the die hard football fan and football gaming community his image has rebounded tremendously so I expect any impact on sales to be negligible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #16
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And we have a winner.

Rules, just saying that whenever there is a thread on Vick at OS, it usually heads south.
I think we will be alright. There are similarities to EA removing Tiger the following year when sales massively decreased because they kept him on the cover the year of his turmoil.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »