Home

Hillis Ahead of Vick For Madden NFL 12 Cover

This is a discussion on Hillis Ahead of Vick For Madden NFL 12 Cover within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Hillis Ahead of Vick For Madden NFL 12 Cover

I don't have a problem with hillis on the cover but having the cleveland browns on the cover there one of the worst franchises in sports but have loyal fans. Maybe if the browns had made playoffs it would be cool. whats next nba 2k12 lets have a vote for cover athlete its down to the final 2 Allen Iverson vs. Yao Ming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 9

This is way off IMO.....the cover athlete I thought was supposed to be one of the elite guys in the NFL...your Brady's and Mannings and Petersons etc. Hillis? Please....I love the guy and his attitude and all but for God sake he was 11th in the NFL in rushing. 11th!!!!! Nice year....but a 4.4 average is...well...average in the NFL......how Rodgers doesn't get it is mind boggling. He had 1000 yards passing the POST SEASON!!!!!! He's now in the top 4 of Qb's in the NFL and you could argue for him being number 1!!!!
this whole thing reminds me of baseball's all star game where the fans vote for who they want to see.....not the most deserving. Sorry...in my book Hillis on the cover is a big minus......

If you had to pick, gun to your head, who is going to have the best year next year and the best career...Hillis or Rodgers????? No brainer.....Rodgers all the way.

Last edited by mjhyankees; 04-24-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #67
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
This is way off IMO.....the cover athlete I thought was supposed to be one of the elite guys in the NFL...your Brady's and Mannings and Petersons etc. Hillis? Please....I love the guy and his attitude and all but for God sake he was 11th in the NFL in rushing. 11th!!!!! Nice year....but a 4.4 average is...well...average in the NFL......how Rodgers doesn't get it is mind boggling. He had 1000 yards passing the POST SEASON!!!!!! He's now in the top 4 of Qb's in the NFL and you could argue for him being number 1!!!!
this whole thing reminds me of baseball's all star game where the fans vote for who they want to see.....not the most deserving. Sorry...in my book Hillis on the cover is a big minus......

If you had to pick, gun to your head, who is going to have the best year next year and the best career...Hillis or Rodgers????? No brainer.....Rodgers all the way.
Has nothing to do with who is better, it has to do with who the fans wanted to see on the cover. Hillis beat Rodgers head to head, Vick is next. Simple as that.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #68
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Wow, what a joke.

Why didn't Julious Jones get the cover back in 2004? He had stats comparable to Hillis.

Imagine the confusion on the average persons face when they see ads with this incredibly pedestrian player on the cover? A marketing disaster.
Does the phrase "the lesser of two evils" mean anything to you?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #69
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

lol, EA first my NCAA Basketball 10, then NBA Elite and now a no buddy on the biggest sports game in the world. Oh well have not bought Madden since 07
Old 04-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Has nothing to do with who is better, it has to do with who the fans wanted to see on the cover. Hillis beat Rodgers head to head, Vick is next. Simple as that.

Like I said...it's MLB all star voting ad nauseum
Old 04-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #71
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

In regards to seeing ads with Hillis....This isn't 2001 where the cover athlete is the center of the marketing strategy.

They will show a trailer and the guy will say "EA Sports" like the past 5 years and show hillis on the cover...Not a big deal at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
The voting thing was dumb to me, and now we see why.

It's stupid Hillis will be on the cover, should be a star player.

LoL @ EA.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »