Home

Madden 11 for ps2 has consecutive hit tackles...WTF!?

This is a discussion on Madden 11 for ps2 has consecutive hit tackles...WTF!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #49
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 11 for ps2 has consecutive hit tackles...WTF!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-SKI
its really funny cause everything people are asking for now was at some point on last gen......dreads, tatoos, create your own play, helmets flying off etc. imo madden 04 and 05 were the greatest madden's in the 20+ years madden has been around
I would agree with this, but i want better than Madden 2005 in the year 2011.

I'm beyond the point of trying to figure out if LG did this better or if NG does that better. They are both substandard to me.

Bringing over things from 10yr old games isn't my bag.

Last edited by Only1LT; 04-26-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
its really funny cause everything people are asking for now was at some point on last gen......dreads, tatoos, create your own play, helmets flying off etc. imo madden 04 and 05 were the greatest madden's in the 20+ years madden has been around

No there are all new features.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I would agree with this, but i want better than Madden 2005 in the year 2011.
of course, we all do....but that's also part of the point we are trying to make. why are we getting a game that has less features than games from 5,6,7 years ago? blows my mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Giving the vid a 2nd look, I would have to agree that the broken tackle animation didn't trigger just yet. Although I am confident that that tackle WOULD have been broken had the other defenders not cleaned him up. The morphing into place on the subsequent 2-man tackle, threw me off. In any event, I think you may be right.

Regardless of this though, it is still a moot point for me. "Tumble weed" tackles DO happen in LG (I could link YouTube vids if anyone doubts this), just like they do this gen, so finding a few isolated incidents here and there where you get the random "consecutive hit" tackle, is besides the point for me. The bottom line is that I don't want LG tackling on a current gen game. I want next gen tackling on the current gen game.

Again, these aren't the tackles you're looking for.
I know there's tumble weed tackling in LG, but there's more in current gen. Tackles like that don't happen at all on the 360. It's either a "Tumble weed" or a suction group hug. If it's possible for these tackles to be on the PS2, then they should be even better, and more consistent, on the PS3.

It's not that I want those tackles in Madden 12; it's that those tackles are better than what we have in Madden 11 on the 360/PS3.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #53
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Yea Franchise mode ps2 is about the only thing that beats the next gen. madden franchise mode. But everything else on the next gen madden is better then ps2 verison for the most part.
I posted this vid once before, so sorry if you've already seen it. Here are 10 features that ps2 has over current games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_9GMW-J-9A
Old 04-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #54
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
of course, we all do....but that's also part of the point we are trying to make. why are we getting a game that has less features than games from 5,6,7 years ago? blows my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I know there's tumble weed tackling in LG, but there's more in current gen. Tackles like that don't happen at all on the 360. It's either a "Tumble weed" or a suction group hug. If it's possible for these tackles to be on the PS2, then they should be even better, and more consistent, on the PS3.

It's not that I want those tackles in Madden 12; it's that those tackles are better than what we have in Madden 11 on the 360/PS3.

I hear you guys loud and clear, and, for the most part, we're on the same page.

You are pointing out how the LG has something that NG doesn't, and how disgraceful that is. I get that, and agree 100%. I, personally, just think that it is a bit of a waste of time to complain about a terrible tackling system, and point to a not quite as terrible tackling system, and say "come on EA, this should be in the game." I, again personally, would rather spend my time using vids of games that do it better, or vids of real life footage, and say "come on EA, this should be in the game." That's all I'm saying.

Not saying that you are wrong, or that somebody else might not really find this info interesting. Just saying that person isn't... me lol. I don't mean any offense by this, just trying to explain where I'm coming from.

This is all water under the bridge for me. I don't care about less than terrible features vs terrible ones. I'm ready to be wowed already. What's in that vid isn't coming close to wowing me, and therefore, for me, and me alone, not worth even mentioning.

Last edited by Only1LT; 04-26-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #55
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I find it hilarious that there is a bunch of people wanting consecutive hit tackles, but even that group is split on what exactly they want.

I will say that animations were smoother on last-gen, but Franchise was the only clear area that was immensely better.
And lets add better controller layout for both offense and defense.
I also liked how you can audible your defenders on the PS2 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know he's been around a while, but I gotta watch more of this guy's videos.

"Alright people. Now I don't play video games any more. I threw out my consoles and EVERYTHING. That being said . . . "

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »