Home

30 second clock runoff..

This is a discussion on 30 second clock runoff.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: 30 second clock runoff..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Wow...I'm surprised you want 30 seconds. The clock winds down to 18 seconds every play. I'm doing 15 and 25 and when I break huddle it's at 18. I usually look over the D, check the play art etc and that usually takes me down to 10 seconds. If I snap at 10 I'll get my 120 plays. If I audible or something I'll get closer to 0. Works out great for me. Yeah some games I'm passing alot and I run more plays but with a lead I tend to slow it down especially in the 4th quarter so it all works out.
The the runoff clock doesn't effect the play clock. It will still runoff to the same amount of time at 18 seconds or whatever it is. No matter if you put it on 15,20,or 25 seconds. With 15min and 25 second runoff I was getting a ridiculous amount of plays. I'm talking about 25 plus carries with both Jacobs and Bradshaw with about 30 plus pass attempts with Eli. Right now with the 14min 25 second clock I'm getting around 20 plus carries with both Jacobs and Bradshaw and about 25 plus passes from Eli. Its still too much in my opinion but the CPU just doesn't get enough plays off if I lower it to 13mins with 25 seconds.. Like I said I see a few people that play 15 minute quarters with 25 seconds and I'm sure it works perfect for them just like it does for you but I've also seen alot of 11min 15 second, 12min 15-20second, and 14min 25second clock users. A 30 second clock runoff would be perfect for me to play 15minute quarters with and I'm sure it would be good for a few other USERs who are fast playcallers like myself.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3

An easy solution to this would be to make the option to choose what you want the play clock run to, instead of having a set amount of time run off each play. If you are fast at the line of scrimmage, you could adjust it to leave 10 seconds on the play clock each play...if you are slow at the line you could make it leave you 15 seconds each play, etc.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
An easy solution to this would be to make the option to choose what you want the play clock run to, instead of having a set amount of time run off each play. If you are fast at the line of scrimmage, you could adjust it to leave 10 seconds on the play clock each play...if you are slow at the line you could make it leave you 15 seconds each play, etc.

The play clock is not the issue with me. Its the amount of time coming off the game clock with 25 seconds thats causing me to call too many plays when I use 15 minutes. The play clock is perfect how its set up with the runoff..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Yea I just went and tested a game with 15 minute quarter with a 25 second runoff and ended up with a total of 82 plays for myself and the CPU had 61 making it a total of 143 plays. Thats just too many plays for me. I definitely need a 30 second runoff clock to play 15 minute quarters. I hope this small addition can be added for us fast play callers.. I really wanna play with that 15 minute clock. Please add this feature..
Old 05-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #13
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

How are you playing in the 2 minute warning periods ? The accelerated clock does now take off time during that time...so if you are still picking your plays and running them "fast"...you will get more plays in.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #14
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
How are you playing in the 2 minute warning periods ? The accelerated clock does now take off time during that time...so if you are still picking your plays and running them "fast"...you will get more plays in.
This might be it for me.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
It depends on the situation in the 2 minute warning.. Before the half I'm trying to score a TD but I'm still taking care of the clock so the other team doesn't have that much time left. I'll actually throw a few run plays in just to keep the clock rolling sometimes and at the end of the game I'm really killing the clock if I have the lead so the other team doesn't get the ball back unless I'm losing so I'm definitely not getting alot of plays when the game is like that. I also run the ball alot so I get in alot of 3rd down situations which also adds up to me having alot of plays. The 2 minute warning has nothing to do with me getting too many plays with a 15 minute clock.

But like I said I understand its perfect for some people but if you looking on the slider page you will defenitely see that most people vary from 11 to 15 minutes on the clock they use. I'm just saying it would be good to have a 30 second runoff clock for us guys who use clocks lower then 15 minutes because we get too many play with the game clock that high with a 25 second runoff and would like to play with a full 15 minute clock. It would be great for me to be able to play with 15 minutes. What clock do you use by the way?

Last edited by Jarodd21; 05-01-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
This might be it for me.
What clock are you currently using?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »