Home

30 second clock runoff..

This is a discussion on 30 second clock runoff.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: 30 second clock runoff..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan77
I was using 12 min clock (Accelerated) with a 25 second run off and it seems to work good for me. I just tweaked and tested until I got what I felt was the correct number of offensive plays 65 to 70ish.

Of course, those numbers can fluctuate like in real football. Long drives, quick scores etc etc can drop/raise the number of plays you/opponent run. But the settings I use work well for me
Yea I got some that work too. 13-14 minutes with a 25 seconds is cool.. I just would like to get that 15 minute feel. I think that would be cool to play 15 minute quarters. It would look good to see the real time of possession like in real life with a realistic amount of plays. Can't do it with 25 seconds.. Like I said it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm just as pumped for the game to come out as anyone(every year for me) but I believe that would be a cool feature to add for guys wanting to play with 15 minutes. Not a biggie. Just wanted to see other people's thoughts on it since I noticed alot of guys play with 14 minutes or lower..
Old 05-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: 30 second clock runoff..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2727
I remember Front Page Sports Football. It had the best accelerated clock of any football game I have played. I don't remember the exact details, but the the time runoff was based on how long it took you to call a play. Something like call a play within 7 seconds, break huddle with 23 seconds on the play clock; call a play within 8 to 12 seconds, break the huddle with 15 seconds, and so on. You would be able to play 15 minute quarter (I don't even think you could play less) games witin 35-40 min and get realistic stats.
That sounds cool too..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »