Home

What presentation features are you hoping are announced for Madden 12?

This is a discussion on What presentation features are you hoping are announced for Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #17
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What presentation features are you hoping are announced for Madden 12?

Whatever I see on Sundays when I watch NFL games.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

The ability to upload custom music for use during the game alla EVERY OTHER SPORTS GAME ON THE MARKET RIGHT NOW...

And hopefully better halftime and post game shows

Also I'd like to see all of this stuff implemented online as well and not just in offline.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #19
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Like I said last night in another thread, I'm thinking that they've done a good job with pre-game, quarter end, and perhaps end of game.

I'm hoping to see some brocast-esque camera angles during pre-and-post snap. I'm hoping to see the camera focus in one of the other 21 players during the pre-snap sequence (instead of always focusing on the QB). I want consistent and informative stat banners. All this stuff from snap to snap is what's important to me.

Certainly, I want to be immersed in my franchise. I could be pleased with a layout similar to NBA2K11's association mode.
I may have to disagree with you on this one (which is crazy, because I think you are usually spot on, especially with presentation)

Pregame is pretty stagnant with only QB's being talked about and a lot of the time it is the same generic speech.

End of quarters is also, very poorly done such that they usually show two replays (most if not all the time its the same play) and they are usually the last thing to happen. And then they show the same Gatorade scene

I dont mind the post game if they would just talk over the highlights instead of the generic line for the play of the game.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #20
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I may have to disagree with you on this one (which is crazy, because I think you are usually spot on, especially with presentation)

Pregame is pretty stagnant with only QB's being talked about and a lot of the time it is the same generic speech.

End of quarters is also, very poorly done such that they usually show two replays (most if not all the time its the same play) and they are usually the last thing to happen. And then they show the same Gatorade scene

I dont mind the post game if they would just talk over the highlights instead of the generic line for the play of the game.
I think he was basing off what he's seen from NCAA 12 so far, I could be wrong though.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just want every game to feel like a new game. Whatever presentation it takes to accomplish that is the presentation I want.

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 49

Complete custom stadium sound. I want to be able to make a TD and here Tina Turner start singin "your simply the best!"

To inovate one step abpve 2k5, imagine if you could take custom soundtracks online, and the home teams custom soundtrack edits played for both players! That would be simply amazing!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
EA Tiburon...do you see this?

Let's hope!!!!

Great list.

Thanks but I just remembered a big one: The ability to build new stadiums for teams without having to relocate. Old gen had that. I built an outdoor stadium for the vikings so they could play in the snow again. Right now you have to relocate AND lose the team name to get a new stadium.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 16

Ask "The Watcher" to design it!!

Seriously though:

The commentary makes me fall asleep. They need to make you feel immersed in the game, and not be repetitive. Also, have Gus have emotion at the right time, and not be more excited about the ball being at the 20 yard line than a winning TD! Not to mention, have it feel like they are actually broadcasting the game, and not every play feel canned. What I mean is if a RB is struggling the whole game, announce that in the 3rd quarter or whatever. Add dialog between the two. It's almost as if each play is separately watched, and they are announcing just that current play, and don't mention how it relates to the rest of the game. For example, if James Harrison is beating Joe Thomas on every play, then say that, or show who is having a big game. Don't just say: the RB runs for 5 yards. Instead say: Did you see how Polamalu recognized the run on that play and sprinted through the B-Gap to stop the run. This Steelers defense is doing an excellent job against the run, which has been apparent throughout this whole season.

Pregame, halftime, end of game need to make you feel like you are watching it on TV. I am not a huge fan of recapping replays during this time, as I can pause it during the game and watch the replay myself.

More importantly than the pregame, halftime, and end of game is during the game. I don't want it, so I just feel the need to press A everytime it comes up. It should flow with the game more instead of being a cut-scene. Have the players react more to the plays on the field, and not feel so robotic. Not only cut scenes though. THere should be meaningful stat overlays, with how successful they are during the game, where the QB is throwing the ball, where the RB is running the ball, if in-season: how successful each team is in run-defense vs. running game and so on. Do NOT have stat overlays be in full sentences!! Have the players introduce themselves before each possession, or at least list the players.

Have the crowd scream during big plays, and also REDO the chants so it doesn't sound like it's been recorded with 40 people. Also, have more chants than last year.

Pick an NBC, ESPN, NFL Network broadcast, and have NO ads at the bottom right or EA sports shown. Yes, I understand what game I am playing, it doesn't have to be forced into my face every second of the game. Have the ads be shown, and also a variety, not just brought to you by Verizon or Old Spice. Have Sunday Night and Monday Night feel different than a 1:00 game.

During the main screen of the season have league news and have the matchups be more interesting than they are right now with the Extra Point. It should be called "The Extra Boredom!" I liked Tony Bruno if he wasn't so repetitive, but at least made franchise more immersive.

Last edited by at23steelers; 04-26-2011 at 05:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »