Home

OS Interviews EA Football GM Cam Weber

This is a discussion on OS Interviews EA Football GM Cam Weber within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #25
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: OS Interviews EA Football GM Cam Weber

That was good. This is the first time that I am interested in seeing what Madden 12 brings to the table. Passed on the last two so hopefully they are starting to understand what needs to be in a football game.

NCAA 11 was great so I will reserve judgement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Khalib,

I think you need to be a bit more realistic. We won't know this person's impact until next year at least with only being there for 6 weeks.
Which speaks to the point I was trying to make.

He has layed out the Vision/Plan for both series.
We've never had that before (nothing against Ian and others).
I think most would aggree that an actual Vision/Plan has never been made known for both series that gamers knew what exactly they were trying to do.

The skeptism will be towards the Vision/Plan of the Future he's layed out, not so much the games. We know they're going to release no matter what.

Being new and arriving in the midst of their NFL build, just putiing it all out on the table of what's in each game would go much further than trying to sell the Game as usual.

It would help to separate the direction he wants the series to go from EA's dreadful past.

Looking at his statements, he's in a nice way have distance himself from the products released before he got there.

I guess I just want him to go all the way by saying this is what's being released this year, but in a nice way let the community know these games are not from his plan.
(I know he can't/wouldn't do that. I just like what he said and want him to start with a clean slate)
Old 04-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #27
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I do think it was interesting he acknowledged needing to improve the activity post-play and between plays; it's an area people don't talk about a lot, but that both games are WAY behind in. Not sure what he was referring to in other games they compete against that have 3yr cycles; they haven't had any competition for six years and won't for the forseeable future.
I agree about the post-play. It's something I've noticed since all this generation, but for the GM to acknowledge showcases some attention to detail. Question is will see new emphasis in this area starting with M12 -- Mike Young had to have already known post-play (and pre-play for that matter) is a weakspot.

With other games, he's all but certainly referring to the Grand Theft Autos of the world, and any other critically acclaimed game that doesn't come out annually.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0
I liked his attitude and vision too ...
Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #29
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

That was a great read.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 36

Mr. Weber's answers felt like he stole the answers I wanted to hear out of my head. Came off very genuine though, and I'm definitely excited about NCAA/Madden 12 and beyond. ...Until I remembered the 3 weeks later release.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Mr. Weber's answers felt like he stole the answers I wanted to hear out of my head. Came off very genuine though, and I'm definitely excited about NCAA/Madden 12 and beyond. ...Until I remembered the 3 weeks later release.
Wow....I can honestly say that this is the first time in a LONG time I am optimistic about the future of Madden!! What immediately turned me off when they made the last team changes were the brash (and quite frankly almost unnatainable) promises. I'd rather hear the truth every time. The games a mess in many areas, and I get the feeling that this guy gets it.

Doubling the gamePLAY team is the only way to right the ship in quick order...not that others areas don't matter, but if gameplay sucks, the rest will, too, because you are never immersed in the game. Put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig.

Am anxious to see what the end results will be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 28
I'm still skeptical. We've heard all of the right things from EA reps before. It's always the business guys that talk. When will they get a lead programmer to talk about technical additions? I'll believe it when I see it, and I am not going to expect much from 12. Cam won't even have made an impact to 13 at the earliest. IT really sounds to me that this studio made an absolute mess of the code for Madden over the last 7 years. They are basically struggling to un**** it now, and they have lost a lot of hardcore customers because of it. I love the NFL and I love football. If Madden returns to glory and makes me forget about the great days of playing 2k football, I'm all for it. I just want them to produce something mind blowing as opposed to mind numbing. Here's to hoping Cam Weber can do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »