Home

Old 04-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Kick Meter

Not sure if this is something that has been thought of but I been meaning to write this up for a few months but i'm lazy...

Kicking is just way too easy. I dont mind the meter much. Either the new click button t'hen click button for a kick. Or even the analog. I kind of prefer the analog a bit more though. How ever you just pretty much make your kick all the time.

What I think needs to be done is something like The Snow does more or less. The pitching meter moves slowly up so you can clean the power point then quickly shoots down to the release point. Why not some thing like this for Madden and NCAA?

Its just so methodical as it is. They should also have each section be bigger or smaller depending on the kickers skill set. So if the kicker has a lot of power the "red" section on the first click would be a larger one then some one with little to no power. Like wise for the release or accuracy click.

Going to try and illustrate this point with text so bare with me

Adam Vinatieri- ||||||||||[---X---]||||||||||||||[---X---]||||
David Beuhler- |||||||||[----X----]||||||||||||||[-X-]||||||
Olindo Mare- ||||||||||||[-X-]|||||||||||||||||[--X--]|||||

So youd still have the same style interface and graphics but now it'd mean something. Plus you'd actually see the difference between the kickers and have a bigger influence. I used a slider set here and it made a bit of difference here and there but I pretty much had my boy Carpenter from the Dolphins as the best kicker every year. Maybe with something like this the ball would have a better chance to miss one wide right or fall short. Also means youd have to look for a kicker or sign a good FA one. Maybe even have a competition in camp instead of doing what I do and grabbing a some one crappy one just to perhaps miss one a game to help with realism.

Any ways just wanted to share my thought. I been trying to get a a job at EA as a 3D Artist for 3 yrs now..... and nothing so figure I might as well just share the idea here lol

Last edited by Sourpickes; 04-26-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Kick Meter

Nice write up!!!

There is a new kick meter this year, so, interested to see how this plays out.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nice write up!!!

There is a new kick meter this year, so, interested to see how this plays out.
I didnt know that. Never saw that written. Thatd be year 3 of changes to the kicking so I hope 4rd times a charm!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

^^^^ Yeah, there are pictures floating around somewhere, plus I think it was in the first mini-teaser video a few weeks ago or so.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
^^^^ Yeah, there are pictures floating around somewhere, plus I think it was in the first mini-teaser video a few weeks ago or so.
Just found it on Pasta..... not sure how I missed that info. It'd be nice if they stole my idea and had it in game lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I kind of like the kicking meter now on 11 when you play on all-madden or all-madden sliders when it moves fast. If you make one wrong slip you will miss because of how fast it move. You have to focus on making the kick. When I play online on all-pro its super easy because of how slow it moves on that level.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourpickes
Just found it on Pasta..... not sure how I missed that info. It'd be nice if they stole my idea and had it in game lol
I definitely agree with you Sour, that they need to change up the kick/punt game. I even started a thread about myself.

I hope this newest kick/punt mechanic offers a strong user challenge to lay the foundation for implementing a Auto kick/punt feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »