Home

Madden NFL 12 Videos - Gameplay From ESPN First Take

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Videos - Gameplay From ESPN First Take within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Video of Madden 12 Gameplay on ESPN First Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Unfortunately, it looks very much the same to me as well. I truly believe that EA simply cannot do anymore with the games current engine, or series of engines Ian said it has.

I think EA is just going to ride out the rest of this generation of consoles on the fact that they hold the exclusive license. Hopefully they atleast learn their lesson and dont push out a terrible engine when the new system of consoles eventually comes out. Sadly, I think that we just have to concede the fact that this is just a lost generation of gaming for football fans.

My .02
This is %100 truth, im just going to wait for Madden or hopefully another NFL game next-gen. Im done with it this gen though. Hopefully they are working on new architecture for this game next-gen behind the scenes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
We're on the same page with that. The tackling appears to still be lacking which is all I care about.
Well, I'm hoping seeing the NCAA videos of tackling will be in line with what we see with Madden tomorrow. I don't see why not.

And I didn't see many pro-tak 2 man tackles last year from Madden, so, I will point it out when I see it. Most of the tackles were one man tackles in 11 or tumbleweed tackling. I haven't see that , yet, with NCAA or the teasers of Madden.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #43
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, I'm hoping seeing the NCAA videos of tackling will be in line with what we see with Madden tomorrow. I don't see why not.

And I didn't see many pro-tak 2 man tackles last year from Madden, so, I will point it out when I see it. Most of the tackles were one man tackles in 11 or tumbleweed tackling. I haven't see that , yet, with NCAA or the teasers of Madden.

True.

I expect it to have the same tackling as NCAA. If it does it will be an improvement, yet still lacking, from what I've seen thus far.

I'm over scripted tackles. My $.02
Old 04-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

That looks like Madden 11 to me. The grass looks flat and there is no green sticker behind Vick's helmet.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #45
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich7sena
That looks like Madden 11 to me. The grass looks flat and there is no green sticker behind Vick's helmet.
Not really unless I'm missing something. This is Madden12 straight up. Madden11 doesn't have that kind of intro presentation on it. It's Madden12 100%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #46
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Lol...Same ole Madden

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #47
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't think cell-phone resolution videos do justice to the graphical improvement in Madden 12 versus Madden 11.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #48
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
True.

I expect it to have the same tackling as NCAA. If it does it will be an improvement, yet still lacking, from what I've seen thus far.

I'm over scripted tackles. My $.02
Same here. Baby steps. Maybe what they're describing in the blog just hasn't been implemented fully... I hope.

I don't mind animation driven tackles if they go ham on the tackle animations to the point where they LOOK physic driven. But I still see defenders bouncing off of tackles. I still see those hugging tackles.

I'm not seeing any effort in ANY of the animations. No one looks like they're running hard, struggling, nothing. All of the animations look half-speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »