Home

Just wait till next year...

This is a discussion on Just wait till next year... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Just wait till next year...

I do this every year with these next gen maddens and I honestly thought that this was the year.... With the complete lack of improvements to online fran, the passing game, commentary and control; once again I have been fooled..

So is next year really the year we get everything we have ever wanted from next gen madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Just wait till next year...

wait for nfl 2k13
Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATINO
wait for nfl 2k13
I would even take SONY NFL 13 for goodness sake. I luckily was able to sell my Madden 12 for $50 so I paid $14.79 to rent it for 4 hours lol. I lose, but win at the very same time lol.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

well i'm glad i didn't buy it. of course it gets a great rating in the poll. but i guarantee that changes in a week. always does.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
I do this every year with these next gen maddens and I honestly thought that this was the year.... With the complete lack of improvements to online fran, the passing game, commentary and control; once again I have been fooled..

So is next year really the year we get everything we have ever wanted from next gen madden?
At this point, if you aren't satisfied, you're never going to be. This is the first Madden that I've picked up in a LONG time, and I think it does well for what it is.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

I think people need to remember that it is a football video game. So currently they can only get it to a certain level of sim. Enjoy it for what it is or don't, but if one's expectations are high the game will never meet those expectations. I rented it first to see how I feel. The community feature may win me over for a purchase.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
I think people need to remember that it is a football video game. So currently they can only get it to a certain level of sim. Enjoy it for what it is or don't, but if one's expectations are high the game will never meet those expectations. I rented it first to see how I feel. The community feature may win me over for a purchase.

Look at NBA2K and MLB The Show... @ of the best games in their respective sports WITH competition. Madden doesn't even compare to them in details of the game itself, and presentation. YES I as the consumer expect more out of an NFL product.

2k ISN'T JUST A BASKETBALL GAME... It's an experience, same goes for MLB, EA/Tiburon just forgot who the fans and consumers were, and just see $$$. F them.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills_Nation
Look at NBA2K and MLB The Show... @ of the best games in their respective sports WITH competition. Madden doesn't even compare to them in details of the game itself, and presentation. YES I as the consumer expect more out of an NFL product.

2k ISN'T JUST A BASKETBALL GAME... It's an experience, same goes for MLB, EA/Tiburon just forgot who the fans and consumers were, and just see $$$. F them.

What exactly are you calling 2K's competitoin? I don't think NBA Jam counts
PS4: Nothing currently
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »